IP NCC Technician
Glotel Inc Boulder, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
The IP NCC Technician is primarily responsible for the surveillance and repair of a large multinational Ethernet and IP
network consisting of routers and switches from a variety of vendors with Juniper being the most widely deployed
technology. Applicants must have at least 3 years of experience working with Juniper or Cisco routing equipment and be
knowledgeable on common Ethernet and IP protocols to include BGP, MPLS, and Spanning Tree. The IP NCC technician must
also have demonstrated customer service experience and be an effective communicator able to interact with customers
both verbally and in writing to troubleshoot and resolve service issues.
- Must have Juniper and/or Cisco router experience. (Juniper preferred)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and repair Ethernet and IP equipment and associated protocols to include BGP, MPLS, Spanning Tree, and others.
- Effectively communicate with customers, other communications providers and Zayo Bandwidth employees & organizations to quickly isolate and resolve network and customer issues
- Document work efforts and troubleshooting status in trouble ticketing system, and perform maintenance/repair activities
- Interact with customers to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Work nights and/or weekends as scheduled
- Work well as a part of a team as well as be able to perform as an individual with minimal supervision
- Ensure that all customer issues on scheduled shift are handled in a timeline manner, escalating to upper management as necessary.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the troubleshooting and repair of Ethernet & IP networks
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great customer service skills
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio
- Experience with trouble ticketing and circuit inventory software
- Knowledge of the following Transmission and TCP/IP standard telecommunication practices and technologies:
- Ethernet Switching
- IP Routing
- Spanning Tree
- Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Domain Name Servers (DMS)
- RFC2544 Ethernet Testing
Glotel IncWhy Work Here?
We are the "Premiere" Telecom staffing provider! This role is closely supporting one of our top, long-term clients.
Founded in 1989, Glotel opened its doors as a services and staffing provider. Today, Glotel has evolved into a niche brand operating at the intersection of IT, engineering and communications to optimize our clients needs and solutions.