Site Survey Engineer must be willing to travel 100% nationwide and have Central Office experience.
The engineer in this position provides the detail engineer with information required to successfully engineer a job in its entirety, as well as to provide the installation department with the up front knowledge required to perform a successful installation.
- High School diploma is necessary. Some college or technical school a plus. At least 3 years of engineering experience or equivalent field experience.
- An understanding of various software packages including MS Word, spreadsheet/database programs such as MS Excel, MS Access
- The ability to quickly learn customer requirements and methods.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities and must be able to consistently work under and meet strict deadlines.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, including technical specifications, central office drawings and customer handbooks. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and present complex information in a format which can be easily understood by others.
- Work independently on deadline sensitive jobs or projects with little direction
- Schedule, perform, and write-up site surveys and audits
- Create and present site survey and audit data, be able to think through information and quickly put together a survey/audit with little guidance.
- Regularly interface with customer representatives (field engineers, vendor managers, CO Foremen). Should be able to solve customer problems/issues with limited guidance
- Interface with “internal customers” such as detail engineers, installation supervisors, lead installers, and installation techs. Guides detail engineer through surveys and situations which were of concern to the customer
- Fully understand format and structure of an engineering specification.
- Working knowledge of equipment drawings, T-BASD drawings, and material and spec sheets. Also has ability to seek out information not readily available
- Often will initiate site visits and site surveys. Visit sites when necessary to solve problems or perform auditing functions
- Must have an understanding of customer quality documents such as Installation Practices, Engineering Practices, CORE documents, etc…
Engineering Skills and Reasoning Ability:
· Ability to logically think through the process of telecommunication installation and engineering.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical specifications in order to translate such information into a detailed engineering survey. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual, technical, and practical problems.
· Ability to use common engineering tools effectively such as a tape measure, calculator, power lead calculator, etc.
· Ability to interpret information from documents such as the customer’s Installation Practices and CORE documents and to apply the rules of those documents in a fair and objective manner.