This is a position with moderate to strong experience in the telecommunications industry. Under general supervision and usually acting independently, the Installer III performs a wide variety of field activities associated with installing, maintaining, and servicing telecommunications equipment in the field. Typically handles moderately complex products and/or problems, and may provide guidance to lower level installers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Executes the essential duties and responsibilities of an Installer II, plus
· Analysis of job specifications and drawings
· Provides work assignments to Level 1 and 2 Installers
· Prepares Methods of Procedure (MOP)
· Writes Job Information Memorandums (JIMs)
· Resolves job specification and/or drawing problems
· Marks/corrects office record drawings
· Performs in-process and final quality inspections
· Performs as the Installation in-charge person on Common Systems jobs as needed
· May perform the duties of a Level IV Installer (including work operations/job activities on working equipment or circuits) when directly supervised by properly qualified personnel
· Travel away from home for several weeks may be required on demand
· Shift work required on demand
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Ability to work outdoors, on ladders, and in confined spaces
· Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
· Ability to work remotely at construction or installation sites
· Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, squat, climb, lift, pull and push
Skills and Abilities Required:
· Requires a moderate to large amount of technical knowledge of current Network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
· Formal “Basic Installation” training course is required (or equivalent on the job training)
· Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation
· Sound knowledge of the phases of the product installation
Education and Experience Required:
· Electronics training equivalent to 2 years of technical trade school or military school and 2 years of field service, or equivalent as determined by Installation Manager
· Typically, a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Level II Installer
· Proficiency in the system (Network Elements 1, 2, 3, or 4) being worked on
· Successful completion of Level III Skill Level test
Why Work Here?Founded in 1989, Glotel opened its doors as a telecom staffing provider. Today, Glotel has evolved into a niche brand operating at the intersection of IT, engineering and communications to optimize our clients.
We are the "Premiere" Telecom staffing provider!