Children's Program Coordinator
Gloria Dei Lutheran Church Rochester, MN
- Expired: 17 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: Collaborate with enthusiasm and energy on strategic goals for the Children,
Youth and Family (CYF) ministry team. In an organized fashion, plan and execute the
leadership of all Elementary youth activities and build relationships with the children and their
families. Must be a self starter and be highly motivated, have a warm disposition, and enjoy
working with young children.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Contributing Director of CYF Ministries
● A personal relationship with God
● 1-2 years of experience working with kids ages 3 years old to 5th grade
● Communicates well with others
● Relates to both parents and youth alike, especially in their faith journey
● A collaborative, team oriented approach
● A positive, hard working attitude
● Supports the greater mission of Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
● Collaborate weekly (and throughout the planning process) with the CYF team to strategize
programming and goals.
● Train and support all volunteers throughout their time with our kids.
● Empower parents to connect with the broader mission of Gloria Dei.
● Gather curriculum, plan creative delivery methods, communicate the details of each event, and
implement plans for children’s ministry including:
o Weekly Sunday School (September to May)
o Milestones for each grade (September to May)
o Vacation Bible School
o “Parental collaboration and tools” events
o Overall Support of other CYF Initiatives
AS REQUIRED: Performs any duty, not specifically state, which is assigned by the supervisor and is
logically related to the function of Gloria Dei Lutheran Church.
In Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act the following represents the
In this position a majority of the time is spent sitting as well as walking, lifting and possibly
standing. The weight of objects to be lifted, carried, pushed or pulled will range from (0) to (50)
pounds. Stair climbing is often necessary. Movements such as stooping and bending may be
required: possibly kneeling, crouching, twisting and reaching. Handling, fingering, feeling and
simultaneous use of hand, wrist and fingers are required as well as repetitive movements of both
hands. Audio, visual and verbal functions are vital aspects of this position. The majority of the
work day is spent indoors with exposure to noise and glare/improper illumination and possibly
heights. Consistent attendance is an essential function of this job.
At Gloria Dei, all people are welcome without distinction. We believe the invitation of Jesus was radical
and all-inclusive, and we want to be the kind of community that says and does the things Jesus did. In this
faith community, our welcome is wide open:
● Open to people of all colors, backgrounds, and abilities.
● Open to people who are straight, gay, bi, transgender, non-binary, or questioning.
● Open to all generations, young, old, and in between.
● Open to people of all income levels.
● Open to lifelong followers of Jesus, occasional attenders, curious onlookers, people with doubts,
and those who don’t quite fit the “box”.
Our invitation is open to all people because we believe everyone is created in God’s image, and that
Apply Now by emailing a cover letter and resume to CarolF@gloria-dei.com .
spirit to create a supportive, positive environment for families, youth, and individuals to engage in their
Gloria Dei Lutheran ChurchWhy Work Here?
We think outside the box. Our ministry insights are Abundant Life Now, Life to Faith, Lab not Lecture, Open Spirituality, Questions & Doubts
Gloria Dei is an ELCA Lutheran Church in Rochester, MN. We are proud of our creative and collaborative spirit to create a supportive, positive environment for families, youth, and individuals to engage in their faith journey.
1212 12th Avenue NWRochester, MN
BusinessView all jobs at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church