Senior Big Data/Python Engineer
Top Online Luxury Fashion Retailer
New York, NY
Compensation: $110,000 - $150,000, plus Benefits
This company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for a full-time position with one of the top online luxury fashion retail platforms located in their state-of-the-start facility in New York, NY. Within their platforms, they serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in their industries.
A flavor of what we use in the data science team: Docker, Flask, Pytest, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, pyTorch, NumPy, pyStan, SqlAlchemy, Celery, RabbitMQ, Postgres, MSSQL, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, BigQuery, ElasticSearch, Terraform, Ansible, Google Compute Engine.
* You will collaboratively design, build and maintain Python microservices in our multi-cloud data platform.
* You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Big Data, Software Engineers, Tech Ops, and Release Engineers to deliver efficient data products.
* You will provide creative ideas to improve our product and technology.
* You will assist Data Scientists in maintaining the health of production systems.
* You will design and develop scalable and performance oriented services with strong emphasis in algorithmic design and scalability.
* You will work with the Big Data team to develop and maintain large scale Data Science services.
* You have 3-6 years' experience in a Software Engineer role.
* You are a graduate with a Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science with strong algorithms, data structures and coding background.
* You are proficient in Python and experience in the creation of services using frameworks like Flask/Django.
* You are experienced in the scientific stack (numpy, scipy, sklearn, pandas).
* You are disciplined in approach to testing and QA (TDD/BDD, code review, documentation).
* You are experienced in distributed systems, service oriented architectures, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency applications.
* You are experienced in building and scaling batch/asynchronous systems. Airflow/Luigi/Celery/RabbitMQ.
* You have solid knowledge of the whole stack: front-end, back-end, databases, cache layer, HTTP protocol, TCP/IP, Linux, CPU architecture, etc.
* You have a solid understanding of the pros and cons of SQL/NoSQL.
* You have experience in designing large scale systems that take advantage of Big Data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery, etc. (a plus).
The firm has a great culture, offers a very competitive salary, strong growth potential, an unbelievable benefits package and awesome work life balance. Please contact us at (646)502-4600 if