Senior Systems Engineer
- $120,000 to $150,000 Yearly
Since 1917, Globe Machine has been a manufacturer of industrial machines, systems, and plants for advanced composites, building products, and pulp & paper.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this is an integral member of Globe's management team. The successful candidate will provide ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors responsible for designing and developing engineering solutions and coordinating projects. In addition to overseeing the department, this individual will manage deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects ensuring resources are appropriately allocated and goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with department and organizational roadmaps. Furthermore, this individual will be responsible for overseeing all engineering designs, including quality, cost performance, and schedule.
Position is located in Tacoma.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage team of engineers and designers in conceptualization of robust, varied, and cost effective systems that function in real world environments.
- Form and manage engineering project teams for all projects including Engineering Project Manager, Systems Engineer, Design Engineers and Detailers.
- Direct the integration of technical activities to ensure teams are meeting schedules, milestones, budgets, and requirements as assigned.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct and evaluate their work and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of Globe and their customer's project objectives while leading the organization in meeting said objectives.
- Lead and support continuous improvement in the engineering department.
- Review and approve product design and engineering changes.
- Oversee and review the department's preparation of bill of materials, manufacturing drawing packages, and manuals documentation.
- Provide technical information concerning equipment manufacturing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages.
- Develop equipment and system designs using 2D and 3D engineering software as required.
Planning and Budgeting
- Support development of the engineering project and department schedule.
- Establish scientific and technical goals within parameters provided by top management and coordinate projects making plans to accomplish said goals.
Partnership with Project Management
- Track budget to actual and assist with budget estimates due to changes in scope.
- Support the Project Control plan including the design approval process, stakeholder and engineering reviews and customer and stakeholder communication.
- Develop and document the project breakdown structure for projects in an effort to organize engineering project teams, equipment test and shipment groups, and the project schedule.
- Interface with Customer Service, Operations, Controls Manager, and Sales regarding system performance/production requirements, resource management, delivery and installation planning as required.
- Support technical communication and collaboration across Sales, Manufacturing, and Parts and Service departments.
- Collaborate with the controls department to design new products and technologies within timeline and budget.
- Assist the Customer Support Manager in developing solutions to customer issues and provide engineering support as needed.
- Perform advanced study, preparation and active participation in Sales Kick-Off, Project Scoping and Engineering Review Meetings for projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSME, BSEE, or BSIE degree required.
- Minimum of seven years hands on engineering experience required; industrial material handling and/or packaging machinery design experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years progressive staff management experience in an engineering environment required.
- Minimum of five years experience in a manufacturing environment desired.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2012, Microsoft Office and Inventor 2012 or SolidWorks required. Experience with MS Project a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, motion and control components required.
- Experience and specialization in one or more engineering disciplines or proprietary products strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of creative thinking and the application of engineering principles and solutions to technical and performance problems.
- Autoclave design experience a plus.
- Proven track record of being self-motivated, working with minimal supervision, and leading and partnering with diverse team members required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently, retain a sense of urgency and meet strict timelines required.
- Conduct oneself with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Globe Machine Manufacturing
701 E D StTacoma, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.