Intrathecal Territory Manager
We are a Globally Renowned Pharmaceutical Company and we have an immediate opening for a Intrathecal Territory Manager for the Desert SW territory. We offer a very generous base salary and commission plan as well as an excellent benefits package.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This is a field based sales position. The individual will call on hospitals, clinics and physician offices, with a primary emphasis on Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology, Neurosurgery and Institutional Pharmacists. The representative is required to promote our product within indication and effectively guide clinicians (MD, NP, RN, PA) in best practice technique. A balance of strong clinical and business acumen will be required to effectively communicate the feature benefit advantage of our product in a highly competitive market place. A thorough understanding of the Buy/Bill process, GPO contracting, reimbursement, and new product acquisition in a hospital system is critical for success in this position.
- Manage a large territory (frequently multiple states) of existing accounts while converting new customers and growing market share.
- Develop and maintain the highest level of product, technical, and therapy knowledge associated with Intrathecal therapies for Pain and Spasticity.
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive business plan (monthly and quarterly) to meet and exceed quarterly goals
- Work with the existing CRM system daily to input and forecast sales for the territory for the upcoming month and quarter
- Ensure timely follow-up and prompt resolution to customer and patient technical and product issues, including after-hours support as needed.
- Use executive selling skills to negotiate pricing contracts and drive contract compliance.
- Gather market intelligence by observation, discussion or research. Sources of intelligence will include customers, competitors, suppliers and anyone else affected by the products.
- B.S./B.A. in Business or Human Sciences
- At least five years of sales experience with a medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturer (buy and bill model)
- Proven sales experience in dealing with intrathecal therapies.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Experience forecasting sales and using an established CRM system.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- A working knowledge of all elements of the branded pharmaceutical sales and marketing functions
- Strong understanding of the changing healthcare reimbursement environment
- Excellent computer and database skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required
- Flexibility and teamwork skills
- Desire to provide world-class customer service
- Highly skilled at Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Bias to action- driven to achieve and exceed goals
- Proven track record of accomplishment.
- Enjoy working both individually and collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to uphold company values.