NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - ANIMAL HEALTH
Globally Renowned Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company has a fantastic opportunity for a National Account Manager with Veterinary Pharmaceutical National/Corporate Account Management experience.
Company offers generous salary, commission plan, and excellent benefits to include: BC/BS medical, FREE dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 5% match on 401k, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability and more!
Purpose of Job:
Development and management of all current and prospective business relationships within the US and Canadian Animal Health market. Work directly with distributors and Universities with a focus on increasing sales revenue and profitability. Manage all aspects of veterinary inhalation anesthetic pharmaceuticals and potential future critical care products within the US and Canadian market.
- Establish valuable business relationships with senior management and key decision makers at all veterinary distributors
- Cultivate relationships with veterinary distributor sales representatives to increase end user sales
- Cultivate relationships with key veterinary thought leaders
- Evaluate commercial feasibility of potential products for US and Canadian Animal Health market
- Development of US and Canada veterinary budget and strategy for execution
- Measure and monitor utilization rates, market competitiveness and profitability of all veterinary distributor contracts
- Develop and negotiate contract terms and conditions (e.g. pricing, aesthetic supply, labelling, etc.)
- Review, edit and authorize all contracts for approval by the VP of Sales and Marketing, North America
- Manage contract implementation with support from all company divisions including but not limited to Regulatory, Supply Chain, Production &Finance.
- Resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Communicate contract updates within the Company
- Provide regular updates to senior management on the current status and key objectives of the Animal Health business
- Develop and maintain a current understanding of the marketplace (i.e. market conditions, trends and competitors)
- Conduct all activities safely and within each facility (e.g. hospital, university) guidelines and protocols
- Educate customers on products, services and the value added
- Assist with the creation of necessary marketing materials to support sales efforts
- Attend veterinary conferences, trade shows and networking events
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business
- Graduate degree in business is an asset
- Professional sales certifications are an asset
- Excellent MS Office Skills: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Stable/Long term work history
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical National/Corporate Account Management
- Companion Animal and Equine experience
- Distributor Management Experience
- Contract Negotiation Experience