Shipping Logistics Specialist: Administer the company logistics and transportation function for the efficient and economical movement of goods outbound to customers. Determines transportation requirements for ordering the correct vehicle to ensure the safe, correct, timely delivery of their products to customers.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation of documents (i.e. outbound bills of lading, invoices, weigh bills, and Shipper’s Letter of Instruction) to support the departmental efforts to process all outgoing shipments in a timely, effective manner by avoiding delivery delays.
- Maintains accurate filing systems in a readily accessible manner for all transportation documents to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepares international transport documentation (carnet).
- Coordinates shipment schedules and contacts carrier(s) to arrange for pick-up.
- Provides tracking services when shipments fail to arrive at destination on schedule and expediting services for emergency shipments.
- Performs functions in the packaging area when needed.
- Compiles and maintains monthly metrics for management.
- Prepares shipments for postal or freight conveyance; determents most economical and efficient shipping method
- Selects appropriate shipping container / pallet and packs items to ensure safety.
- Prepares bill of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and /or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Processes returns for any defective or incorrect items.
- Determine storage areas for incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities.
- Responsible for keeping shipping area clean and organized daily.
- Ensure that serial numbers match product
- Accountable for stocking shipping supplies and notification to Purchasing of any low inventory items.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years relevant logistics/transportation experience.
- Post high school educational courses or equivalent in Logistics is desirable.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- Minimum of an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at once
- Strong customer service skills and patience
- Forklift certification ideal.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Operate fork-lift truck or use hand truck to move or hoist materials to delivery trucks.
- Experience with NetSuite and FedEx.com a bonus
GlobalMed offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits, including:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour