ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (II):
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Prepares non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
- Process manual check and relocation metric’s
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- 10-key by touch
- Netsuite, Paychex, or other equivalent system experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High School Diploma, GED
- Some College Accounting Courses, preferred.