Operations Move Manager
General Position Summary:
The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to manage all services under their control while assigned projects and/or relocations are executed consisted with written agree upon purchase orders and/or a signed move agreement. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for managing all additional service requests that are outlined and agree upon in a signed addendum prior to services being provided. The incumbent also serves as the alternate point of contact in conjunction with the assigned Sales Representative for the projects to professionally plan and manage any assigned relocation project(s) from inception to completion. He/she must have the ability to continuously prioritize various day to day job duties and have the ability to make timely and accurate decisions.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
· Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently without direct supervision.
· Manage the entire project through timelines, budgets, coordination, supervision and effective communication to all team members.
· Ensure that levels of service, quality of work, and completion dates are met.
· Meet with the appropriate Sales Representative and review projects to agree on the labor budget for the project and enter the budget labor plan in XPM and or client work order program prior to the project start date.
· Track all costs of project in progress to ensure the Company remains within budget and work closely with the Billing Department to track daily costs with the use of the current billing system.
· Plan, implement, and prepare moves to ensure high levels of customer service, efficiency of contractors and/or crews and maximize profitability.
· Keep in contact via cell phone with assigned Sales Representative when managing a project, notifying him/her or a supervisor of occurrences and potential problems that may occur while managing an assigned project.
· Communicate effectively with all point people; contractors, Operations, Customer Service, Project Managers, vendors, customers, and Sales Representatives.
· Promote additional services while actively managing assigned projects.
· Promote safety in the workplace to maximize employee moral and limit company liability.
· Must be physically present at the Company’s office, as regularly scheduled, to perform these essential functions/duties.
· Demonstrate initiative and sense of urgency in not only completing assigned work but being proactive in initiating creative thought to improve processes and solve problems.
· Demonstrate on a daily basis the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and/or approaches to problems.
· Develop and maintain a positive and productive working relationship with immediate supervisor, senior management team, department managers, general managers, co-workers, contractors and customers with the Company’s best interests as a top priority.
· Fully support and have a good working knowledge of the five elements of the PQM process; measurability, evaluation, accountability, corrective action/training, and timely rewards.
· Maintain a Unigroup University student ID number. Be willing to take classes as directed by Supervisor.
· Promptly communicate any potential problems, incidences or occurrences effecting the daily operations and management of the department to your immediate supervisor.
· Demonstrate a willingness to improve job related skills, be responsive to directions, accept constructive feedback and show flexibility and creativity in completing work assignments.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and in any Departmental Manual.
· Accept and perform additional job duties, assignments or projects as directed by your immediate supervisor or management for the betterment of the Company.
Specific Job Skill / Requirements:
· Ability to communicate and interact with people of various levels in an effective and professional manner.
· Excellent organizational skills to efficiently perform daily work activities.
· Must have good problem solving skills and make sound business decisions.
· Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being a good listener.
· Ability to work independently and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
· Strong Microsoft Office applications skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
· Customer service driven with the ability to meet customer needs in a timely fashion.
· Ability to work under the pressures of time constraints in a fast paced work environment.
· Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and lead a large service team.
· Ability to coach, mentor, and professionally develop subordinates.
· Must be able to become properly certified and to safely operate warehouse power equipment.
· Posses a good understanding of supervisory philosophies and expectations.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Bachelor degree in business or related field preferred.
· LEED or NCIDQ Accreditation preferred.
· Minimum of 2 year(s) in commercial moving or related industry required.
· Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
· Demanding, fast-paced work environment.
· Full-time position (40+ hrs/week) with work hours generally Monday through Friday with flexibility in work schedule for start and finish times as determined by supervisor as well as occasional overtime as necessary including nights and/or weekends.
· Average lift less than 10lbs. and maximum unassisted lift up to 35lbs.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and sit at a desk all for extended periods of time.
· Inside average office environment with average noise levels.
· Varying inside and outside weather and temperature conditions.
· Must possess and maintain a valid automobile driver’s license at all times.
· Extensive local travel required.
· Heavy volume of phone calls.