Special Education Teacher Mild/Moderate - Elementary School
- Expired: August 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Global Village Academy is an innovative charter school. Students learn core content both through English and language immersion in their choice of French, Spanish, Mandarin, or Russian (depending on the school). GVA is truly a "global village." Our immersion teachers come from all over the world, each bringing their unique culture and language into the classroom. United by a common core, students are challenged to become world class thinkers, capable of engaging ideas using multiple languages and cross-cultural perspectives, through internationally benchmarked curriculum spanning each language village.
The general purpose of the Special Education Teacher is to provide support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for developing special education students' success in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living; supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group an individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess students' skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student's abilities
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one
- Implement IEPs, assess students' performance, and track their progress
- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students' progress and goals
- Discuss student's progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators
- Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
- Support the school's mission and curriculum
- Reinforce school-wide rules and expectations in the classroom
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, teachers and colleagues
- Assist in the design and implementation of research-based curriculum
- Maintain the school culture of high academic and behavioral expectations through continuous reflection
- Other duties as assigned by Principal
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must possess a CO Special Education Teacher License
- Teachers must be highly qualified in all core content of applicable field and grade level
Qualifications & Experience:
- One year of working with students in a school setting is strongly preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate subject matter competency
- Familiarity with IEP process
Global Village Academy
EducationView all jobs at Global Village Academy
Get fresh Academy Charter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.