Summary of Position:
The International Sales Executive is an Outside Sales role and will be responsible for the development and signing of profitable new international business; specifically targeting international import, export, and Customs brokerage accounts. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle including lead generation, prospecting and qualification, pricing, proposal preparation and presentation, implementation, and follow up.The International Sales Executive will be expected to plan, develop and execute tailored sales strategies, and stay informed regarding competitive services and pricing. The Sales Executive will also be expected to manage any and all accounts that they bring on board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the International Sales Executive:
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Plan and conduct market research to identify opportunities.
- Successfully build relationships and influence key decision makers.
- Market and sell logistic services to a self-generated contact base: in person, by preparing letters, by e-mail, and by phone; prepare and conduct electronic sales presentations.
- Provide cross-selling services and coordination of services to customer (Jones Act services).
- Provide quotations/bids and follow up as appropriate for each contact.
- Create SOP’s for each new customer; actively coordinate and support the on-boarding process between operations and the customer.
- Provide outstanding customer service to ensure all customer issues are effectively investigated and resolved.
- Document & report all contacts, quotations and follow-up interaction in the Global Transportation Services, Inc. prescribed format.
- Report to supervisor weekly and provide activity reports and updates.
- Work with appropriate departments to assure timely and accurate services and/or pricing is provided to the customer.
- Reflect the professional image of Global Transportation Services, Inc. in all company/client related interactions; all client contact/communications should be conducted in a professional manner.
- Develop a thorough understanding of GTSI’s services and capabilities.
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; and three to five years related outside sales experience, preferably in international logistics and transportation. Experience in the freight forwarding industry, including prospecting, cold calling, and providing freight alternatives.
Ability to manage customer relationships through creative problem solving. Ability to interpret customer needs into a service “value proposition” and develop appropriate associated quotations. Ability to coordinate and respond to conversations, written requests, and multi-sourced communications. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Basic mathematical ability including multiple computations to arrive at pricing which meets percentage profit targets. Ability to compute cost/pricing factors based on customer product, mode of transport, fees, and handling.
Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Polished electronic presentation skills.
- Previous experience in freight forwarding/NVOCC/logistics
- Previous success with commission based incentive program
- International Sales experience (Ocean and Air, Import and Export)
- Outside Sales experience
- Operations experience in international transportation
- Completion of outside sales training courses