Title: Technical Controls Manager
Job ID: 20-00249
Location: Hammond, IN
Pay Rate: Highly Competitive
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: Direct
Shift: 1st Shift
This position is highly skilled and responsible for supervising and coordinating assigned functions and programs within the Engineering and Maintenance Departments to include design, investigation, inspection, and project management services and activities. Incumbents in this classification are responsible for setting goals, establishing priorities, managing resources, developing concepts and approaches, and reviewing projects progress and results.
- Examines equipment, processes, operations, and assembly to determine time or quality revisions, and suggests improvements.
- Evaluates vendor and supplier proposals for new equipment purchases.
- Oversees the development, evaluation or review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities such as downtime and change analysis and procedure development.
- Coordinates and/or acts as a liaison between the plant or department and vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Ensures conformance of all development plans, maps, and specifications for local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures; Identifies resource needs; reviews with appropriate management staff; implements improvements.
- Directs, coordinates, and reviews the work plan for assigned engineering operations and functions.
- Assigns work activities and projects; monitors workflow; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures.
- Oversees and participates in performing a broad range of design activities on a variety of projects including automated equipment, storm drainage facilities, lighting, landscaping, water production and distribution facilities, and buildings.
- Develops design procedures; prepares plans, specifications, project budget and cost estimates.
- Interprets the application of design criteria, checks plan and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness.
- Reviews design conformance and accuracy of plans to coordinate improvement projects with staff, project managers, contractors, utility companies and other agencies.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates processes in an automotive plant.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future requirements and potential.
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards such as GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act), and NEC (National Electric Code), and NFPA (National Fire Protection Act).
- Distribution Control System (DCS) Programming
- Electrical Engineering in order to understand system interactions, sizing of equipment, and fuses
- Knowledge of HMI/SCADA Configuration as needed to complete required tasks and assignments
- Knowledge of PLC software (RSlogix).
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access required.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic required.
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and practices of group dynamics and/or team development.
- Experience using basic hand tools, and torque calibration tools.
- Experienced with software such as AutoCAD, Catia viewer, Maximo, Andersen Quality Gate, and SQL Enterprise Server.
We are proud to say we were founded in Michigan, we’re headquartered in Michigan and we’re staying in Michigan. GTA remains focused on honesty, integrity and professionalism as the building blocks of its continued success in an ever-changing industry. Our firm acts in a timely, professional manner in all of its interactions with customers and candidates.