Title: Software Engineer - Unity 3D Development
Job ID: 19-00306
Location: Mountain View, CA
Pay Rate: $55-60/Hour
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: Contract
Shift: 1st Shift
The team has a Unity 3D based vehicle and traffic simulation platform, which is used for several research projects. The software engineer will be responsible for creating a simulated vehicle network that can mimic the real world in Unity environment. In particular, the contractor will implement the prototype for the control of many vehicles inside the simulator.
As part of the research team, the corporate partner will be responsible for:
- Understanding the existing simulator architecture, defining the approach to realize the prototype for control for many vehicles and integration of control with external applications to be implemented in the prototype.
- Implement vehicle control and integration of control with external applications within Unity (using C#).
- Integrate, test and document the simulator with the external applications
- MS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ year experience of Unity 3D development (environment development, programmatic control, communication, etc.)
- Excellent skills in design & development of prototypes for Unity 3D
- Excellent coding skills in programmatic control of Unity environment (C#, etc.)
- Design documentation (e.g. system diagrams, development methodology, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing software algorithms
- Experience in communication control,e.g. MQTT
- Experience on traffic simulator, e.g. Aimsun, Vissim
- Experience on ROS