Senior Tax Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Tax Analyst – Indirect Tax
Job ID: 21-00756
Location: Southfield, MI
Pay Rate: Open
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: Direct
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns; Participate in related government audits, including responding to notices, meeting with auditors, researching relevant positions, etc.
- Complete compliance requirements for US domestic incentives and assist with the negotiation of US domestic incentives from various state and local agencies
- Assist with the preparation of property tax returns, and payment of property tax bills; assist with related government audits
- Identify indirect tax saving opportunities and implement changes into the business process
- Manage the fixed asset depreciation process as it relates to tax; answer questions from the plants as it relates the FAS/SAGE depreciation system.
- Maintain abreast of tax law changes and regulatory pronouncements, and evaluate impact to the Company
- Help identify technology and automation improvements and implement same into business processes
- Have the opportunity to assist and develop direct tax skills by participating with the preparation of U.S. federal and state and local income / franchise tax returns, R&D studies, and international tax forms such as 5471s.
- Assist with various tax projects as necessary
- Accounting - BA, CPA, or similar experience
- Tax Experience – 4+ years
- Sales and use tax experience, especially in manufacturing
- Property tax experience
- Experience with Hyperion financial systems
- Natural curiosity, ability and willingness to learn
- Team atmosphere, extensive communication, proactive, ability to work within cross-functional team
- Excellent analytical skills, motivation and confidence to independently address issues
Global Technology Associates
Let Global Technology Associates, LTD take your career search or hiring needs to the next level. As a premier technical and professional staffing company, with over 30 years of industry experience, we have longstanding connections in industries like automotive, aeronautics, information technology, defense, and healthcare. GTA can provide you with a full breadth of diverse candidates from our talent network. GTA is a national full-service provider of both direct and contract professionals and top management talent so whether it is a job you are seeking or a stellar supplier to partner with look no further than to GTA.
Finance and Insurance