Title: Senior Graphic Designer
Job ID: 20-00164
Location: HAP Offices - 1414 E. Maple Road Troy, MI. 48083
Pay Rate: $24-$27/hour
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Type of Hire: Long-Term Contract Position - this role will also have the potential to go direct
Shift: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
The Senior Designer will work in collaboration with a team of creative specialists (including other print and web designers, copywriters, and social media experts), and under the guidance of a creative manager to define and implement HAP's brand in a variety of print and web-based media. Lead the charge in brand and communication design for highly visible health plan products and services from concept to completion. Maintain corporate style guide and brand design standards from print ads and collateral pieces to websites and social media graphics. Lead pre and post-production of photography, artwork and design files. Manage the design production process, infrastructure, equipment, and software.
- Create, layout and design print and web-based communication materials using InDesign environments.
- Effectively translate business needs into actionable design requirements for creative team execution; responsible for articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices
- Maintain a pulse on the digital landscape and relevant creative work across web, social, mobile and digital signage
- Promote continual creative improvement and innovation as trends change.
- Responsible for the creation, design, and production of all brochures, collateral, posters, flyers, mailers, PowerPoint presentations, websites, e-flyers, flash banners, sales materials, online forms, and interactive pieces.
- Supports and protects the brand and brand guidelines in all activities.
- Create, design and produce themed promotional materials for trade show pre and post-event-marketing programs.
- Develop and maintain internal and customer-facing presentations.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the company's business objectives
- Functions as the in-house graphic design resource for marketing campaigns, both online and print.
- Assist management and/or marketing representatives with outside vendors on artwork and file preparation.
- Review silver prints as necessary.
- Coordinate, research and purchase stock photography and illustration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Digital Arts or related field or 5+ years of related and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of academic requirements.
- Ability to act as a consultant to internal business partners.
- Experience managing vendors and working collaboratively with Advertising and PR agencies.
- Experience with layout, typesetting, and e-graphics.
- HTML experience, a plus.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and InDesign
- Proficient in Graphic Design with Mac and PC environments.
- Knowledge of print production process.
- Knowledge of photography, scanning and photo/art manipulation.
- Ability to produce preliminary comps – traditionally and electronically.