Sr. Advanced Product Development Engineer
Pay Rate: Highly Competitive
Additional Benefits: Bonus eligible, Superior benefits, PTO, 401(k) plus 50% matching plan
Type of Hire: Direct
The Advanced Product Development Engineer is responsible for the planning and development of both concept and production projects for everything; including electronic elements and sensors for module units for fascia, bumper, etc.
- Guidance and direction to Tier 2 suppliers for electrical feature content
- Responsible to ensure designs are manufacturable and market competitive
- Supports Product Line Management with development of product concepts, etc.
- World Class Manufacturing development for standardized manufacturing solutions
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical, Electrical, Systems or Optics
- Lighting knowledge and experience a must - experience with concept design and development of lighting, sensors and/or electronic integration strongly preferred
- Past hands-on engineering or design experience a must (ability to look at a CAD file and understand packaging, fit, clearances, etc..)
Self-starter – has experience in the advanced development side of the product life cycle.
- Ability to architect solutions from customer needs and company capabilities & available solutions.