Global Technology Associates
Oklahoma City, OK
- Posted: March 20, 2023
Title: Quality Engineer
Job ID : 22-00832
Location : Oklahoma City, OK
Pay Rate : Open
dditional Benefits : Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire : Direct
ssure that customer requirements are met and/or exceeded, with a customer lead attitude. Coordinate immediate and appropriate response to issues affecting Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. Assure compliance to Quality Management System (QMS) requirements. "Hands-on" time in the production process and with the cross-functional teams.
- ssess process performance compared to customer requirements. Address quality issues with appropriate corrective action, utilizing a cross-functional team approach.
- Communicate with all levels of internal and external customers, providing appropriate and timely information regarding product and process non-conformances to customer requirements.
- Provide engineering support with appropriate quality tools and analytical techniques:
- Statistical process performance data analysis and decision making, including First Pass Yield (FPY), Warranty/Root Cause, and Quality Assurance findings.
- Lead and/or support corrective action for product, process and materials quality issues.
- Support APQP activity for new product launch, as well as existing product changes.
- Development of PPAP package for new product launch.
- Support Engineering function with FMEA and Control Plan development.
- Continuous development of a problem-solving culture, training and mentoring employees in all areas in problem identification, containment, root cause analysis and corrective action tools and skills.
- Responsible for adherence to the policies, procedures, work rules and instructions of the IATF 16949 systems as related to operations.
- Responsible for adherence to the policies, procedures, work rules and instructions of the ISO 14001 environmental management systems as related to operations.
Lead and mentor Quality Engineering Techs in daily data compilation needs and succession plans.
Leadership Core Traits:
- Integrity - leads by example with high standards and work ethic.
- Bias for Action - self-motivated; responds with immediacy to quality concerns.
- Communication - effective and respectful, both verbally and written.
- ccountability - understands the responsibility and commitment to the team.
- Mentorship - shares knowledge and experience in a beneficial way, encouraging team growth and maturity; attitude reflects a desire to help others succeed as well.
Quality Engineer Tool Kit Skills:
- Warranty Analysis
- First Pass Yield Analysis
- Pareto / Rank-Order Breakdown / Corrective Actions
- FMEA / PFME
- Control Plan
- Total Productive Maintenance - cross-functional collaboration
- Corrective Action Process
- Layered Process Audits
- Root Cause Analysis
- 5 Why
- Process Capability - Minitab or equivalent
- Cpk / Ppk
- Competent in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- General business concepts
- ble to define project beginning and end; create timeline.
- ble to assemble and lead a cross-functional team. Must be able to handle and resolve conflict.
- Complete stakeholder updates / meetings / process reviews.
- Motivated to lead and communicate corrective action efforts with a sense of immediacy when quality non-conformances occur, without being prompted.
- Must be able to mentor and coach, in a positive manner.
- ble to forward think and anticipate impact of decisions.
- ble to negotiate effectively, but with diplomacy and respect.
- LWAYS LOOKING FOR SAFETY CONCERNS AND DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Travel two to three times per year, on average, to support appropriate customer and training needs. For Nissan QE function, travel requirement is two days per month.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and/or business disciplines, and three years of experience in automotive quality engineering functions; Or 7 years of experience in quality engineering functions, including APQP and PPAP.
- utomotive OE APQP/PPAP experience preferred.
- Please share a few highlights why you are an ideal fit for this opening. (Brief example)
- Please list the education you've completed. What was the degree and what was the month and year you received it? (Ex: Bachelors from ABC University 01/89 & High School Diploma from ABC High School 1/85)
- re you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
- What pay rate are you looking for? (If your required rate exceeds the listed pay rate you may be over qualify for this position, but please share what you would be comfortable with)
- When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
- Do you require a visa sponsorship? If you currently have sponsorship, other than a TN visa, please state the type of sponsorship and when it will expire. Please give month and year. If you are able to receive extensions to the sponsorship, please note how many additional years.
Please note that if you are a current GTA employee or have been placed by GTA at one of our clients, we will not be able to entertain moving you. However, we are hopeful that you may know someone else who is qualified and as such you would still be eligible for our generous referral bonus program detailed below.
REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM:
If you are able to refer a person we do hire, we can offer up to $250 for contractors after they are on the job for 90 days and up to $500 for direct hires after they are on the job between 90 days to 180 days, depending on customer payment terms.
Global Technology Associates
AddressOklahoma City, OK
ManufacturingView all jobs at Global Technology Associates
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?