Location: Huntsville, AL
Salary: Highly Competitive
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays, and more!
Type of hire: Direct
The Mechanical Engineer will perform mechanical and thermal support to tactical and operational systems. The successful candidate will provide excellence in the evaluation and design of mechanical systems for Operational and Tactical platforms focused on delivering fully integrated systems. The successful candidate will also have experience evaluating and mitigating thermal issues seen in association with mechanical systems, electronics, and their housing components. An ideal candidate will have experience with power generation systems at the 5kW, 10kW, 15kW, 30kW, 60kW, 150kW, 300kW, and/or larger ranges. The successful candidate will provide system engineering, evaluation, design, design integration/installation, oversight/review, and be a critical team member supporting tactical systems. The ideal candidate enjoys a dynamic and challenging environment supporting critical Operational and Tactical systems and is results-driven. This position will require an entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, and a desire to deliver unparalleled customer satisfaction.
- Analyze and prepare the conceptual design of power
- Execute Requirements Analysis of broad and ill-defined problems
- Conduct thermal analysis, develop mitigation approaches and design thermal mitigation kits/hardware
- Develop conceptual proposals through complete mechanical design packages for all associated
- Interpret customer specifications to define requirements overall system
- Perform engineering analysis of components and provide complete documentation and product verification
- Write product and test
- Provide sustainability support on existing systems supporting customer manufacturing and test
- Deliver engineering and technical support for manufacturing, production, and fielding
- Take a lead role in the development, design, test & evaluation, installation and commissioning of power generation and energy systems equipment in the field as well as at the lab, manufacturing, and test
- Test power generation and other energy components in a lab setting to evaluate risks, optimal loading, peaking, and equipment interface.
- Develop and integrate electronic control systems to fully integrate the system(s)
- Direct interaction with clients to define system requirements and develop the integration and test
- Work in conjunction with vendors and supply chain engineers to define material/component specifications and cost-effective solutions for customer-driven
- Troubleshoot systems and perform root cause analysis on issues.
- Must have an Active DoD SECRET Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 1-8 years' experience in engineering, mechanical engineering, thermal mitigation, power generation, conversion, and/or design.
- Experience in low, medium, & high-power applications of power generation, associated mechanical design, integration, implementation, and engineering applications
- Experience with Thermal analysis, mitigation, and design
- Experience with calculation/verification of components' power dissipation and associated thermal effects
- Experience with troubleshooting/verification of system EMI noise
- Experience with requirements analysis, physical set-up and testing of equipment
- Department of Defense operational/tactical experience desired
- Experience optimizing systems
- Do you currently hold a security clearance? If so, what level?
- Please provide a few details of your experience with thermal mitigation, power generation, conversion, and/or design.
- What is the highest level of education you have completed? Which field of study is this degree in and from which university did you graduate?
- Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
- Can you please list why you left or why you are looking to leave your most recent employer?
- What is your "acceptable and "ideal base compensation for this position? We would like to make sure we don't price you out of consideration, but you know what the numbers are that you need (Please Do Not put negotiable)
- When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
- If you currently do not live near the job location and the commute is too far for you, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense?
- In order to hold U.S. Security Secret Clearance, you must be a U.S. Citizen. Do you meet this requirement?
Please note that if you are a current GTA employee or are currently employed by one of our clients, we are unable to assist you. However, if you know someone who is seeking employment and is qualified for one of our open positions, you could benefit from our Bonus Referral Program.
Bonus Referral Program
If you refer someone we hire, we can offer up to $250 for contractors after they are on the job for 90 days and up to $500 for direct hires after they are on the job for 90 to 180 days, depending on the customer's payment terms.
Global Technology Associates