Connect Vehicle Application Software Engineer
Global Technology Associates Mountain View, CA
- Expired: October 21, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job ID: 20-00572 898825
Location: Mountain View, CA
Pay Rate: Open and Highly Competitive
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: Contract
Summary: Automated driving, edge computing and IoT are hot topics in the automotive industry. The innovations in these domains are unlocking the potential of connected vehicles, enabling Client customer-centric applications. The Intelligent Mobility Systems (IMS) group in Toyota R&D InfoTech Labs has taken the initiative in a variety of advanced research projects to shape the next-generation mobility systems empowered by connected vehicles. Our key activities include design and development of future navigation, driver assistance and vehicular networking systems. We are seeking passionate candidates for a software engineering role, helping the team build and maintain proof-of-concept research systems for showcasing future applications.
We are looking for a talented software engineer who has significant experience in application design and development and good programming habits to produce quality software. The candidate must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. The candidate should be willing to learn new technologies and focus on continuous improvement for demo-driven development.
Design and implement client systems that provide next-generation navigation / advanced driver assistance services on in-vehicle computer systems and/or smartphones. The client systems involve sensor data processing, driver user interface, interactions with backend cloud / edge servers, etc.
Design and implement backend cloud / edge computing systems to support the new applications. The backend systems involve sensor data collection, sensor data processing, data aggregation and distribution, visualization of system status, etc.
Collaborate with researchers, trainees, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions
Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
Create and update documentation of existing testbeds and applications
B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
3+ years of Java and Android software development experience. Hands-on experience on development of Android Auto applications is a big plus.
3+ years of Python programming experience.
Strong knowledge and hands-on experience on Linux systems.
Rich experience with Git-based version management
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
(Optional) Experience on ROS (Robot OS) and Qt
(Optional) Experience on document database systems (e.g., MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB, etc.)
(Optional) Experience on Amazon AWS cloud (e.g., EC2, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Lambda, etc.)
1. Please describe your experience as it relates to this job description and position requirements?
2. What is the highest level of education you have completed?
3. Are you currently working? If yes, why are you looking to make a move at this time?
4. Can you share wage you are last at and the minimum compensation per hour you would consider for this position?
5. When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
6. If you currently do not live near the job location and the commute is too far for you, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense?
7. Are you able to work in the U.S. without need for a Visa, other than a TN Visa for Canadian citizens?
8. Question to supply into submittal system utilized is what is the day and month in which you were born (We do not need the year)?
9. Question to supply into submittal system utilized is what is the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number?
Please note that if you are a current GTA employee or are currently employed by one of our clients, we are unable to assist you. However, if you know someone who is seeking employment and is qualified for one of our open positions, you could benefit from our Bonus Referral Program.
Bonus Referral Program
If you refer someone we hire, we can offer up to $250 for contractors after they are on the job for 90 days and up to $500 for direct hires after they are on the job for 90 to 180 days, depending on the customer's payment terms.