The SWIFT application development team collaborates with technologists, business and operations partners across multiple Client business units.
Our responsibility is to provide a highly secure, highly resilient, and responsive communication platform for our business partners.
The SWIFT platform is a key component to facilitating trading, settlement, reconciliations, and distributions across the firm. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is versatile, always eager to evaluate new problems and continue to push technology forward.
FClients Fund and Investment Operations (FFIO) is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to work on the SWIFT team. The successful candidate will work in a highly visible, dynamic agile (scrum) development environment as a member of a team that is at the forefront of providing highly resilient, secure message exchange between multiple applications and a wide variety of counterparty institutions such as banks, external money managers, and other financial service providers.
The Expertise You Have
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in vendor software implementations and integrations with existing application and service platforms
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience writing Java, Perl, Shell scripts
- Knowledge message broker technologies such as IBM MQ and Active MQ
- Awareness of application security policies and standard methodologies, firewall management, traffic management, and disaster recovery
- You have worked within an agile team and bring experience using the Agile Framework and tools to achieve success
- You bring the ability to approach a problem from multiple angles and potential solutions, completing assessment pros, cons, benefits, and impact of each option under the mentorship of senior team members
- Your capability to independently and within the team makes you a versatile resource
- You have excellent verbal and written skills
- You have an awareness continuous integration practices and tools
- Implementing solutions that balance business partner needs while maintaining the highest level of delivery quality
- Supporting initiatives to increase the security and technical posture of the SWIFT platform
- Participating fully in Agile ceremonies and scrum activities in support of team commitments and goals
- Providing third level support of the application, which involves working with multiple internal technical teams, as well as the software vendor
- Supporting the capability and efficiency of the development team by implementing tools and services provided by enterprise infrastructure
- Participating in infrastructure related programs including but not limited to installing and configuring vendor software, middleware, and supporting operating system and hardware upgrades
Client is focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want.
We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences.