Mobile Aspects RFID tracking, PowerScribe 360 voice dictation, Lexmark Modlink, and additional ancillary information systems as relevant to NSMC sites: Salem, Union, MGH Danvers and satellite imaging centers.
The PACS Administrator serves as a liaison between NSMC and PHS IS departments and the NSMC Radiology service line for the purposes of assuring the computer technology systems operate efficiently with minimal disruption to operations.
The incumbent will have both on-site and off-site responsibilities as part of an on-call rotation to respond to, translate, communicate and escalate (when appropriate) any technology failures related to the Radiology service line computer applications.
Likewise, the PACS Administrator serves as an educational resource to NSMC Radiology service line personnel communicating any new changes to existing computer technology systems as a result of new build/enhancement/upgrades, feedback from staff, and/or a reported patient safety event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- See everyone as worthy of respect and attention.
- Design care and services for and with each patient.
- Recognize that patients see quality service as quality care.
- Make it a priority to assist patients, visitors and colleagues.
- Take advantage of learning and growth opportunities.
- Understand organizational goals and priorities.
- Understands and adheres to North Shore Medical Centers’ (NSMC) compliance standards as they appear in Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct, and NSMC’s Policies.
- Professional, keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and NSMC regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Coordinates the implementation of any new and upgraded system software and hardware for NSMC Radiology service line in accordance with PHS/NSMC IS project inititation and fulfillment processes.
- Assists the Director, Radiology Managers, Clinical Engineering and staff in collaboration with NSMC and PHS IS personnel with the inventorying and assessment of potential new and upgraded modalities, and the respective build and testing considerations relative to the current state workflows at the various NSMC Radiology locations. Utilizes IT standards and best practices when deploying industry standard protocols such as DICOM and DMWL.
- Client with Radiology modality managers and PHS/NSMC IS training teams to identify the appropriate educational materials and documentation required to effectively onboard and maintain competency amongst Radiology staff.
- Assists Radiology personnel and allied health professional colleagues with issues concerning electronic Radiology ordering and analyzing relevant EPIC Radiant procedure code harmonization between downstream applications (e.g. PACS, PowerScribe, modalities) when additions or modifications occur to the enterprise master files.
- Communicates as a liaison for NSMC Radiology service line with NSMC IS and PHS IS. Escalates high visibility issues involving Radiology informatics promptly to manager.
- Awareness and familiarity with JC inspection requirements as it relates to procedural documentation and checklists.
- Assists in error monitoring to ensure providers, worklists, patient merges, imaging QA and interface transactions are reliably filing in clinical systems.
- Assists PeC team members with testing relevant imaging workflows as outlined in testing scripts.
- Supports reading Radiologists by offering assistance with the various applications from both a software training and hardware maintenance perspective inclusive of ensuring devices meet performance and quality expectations of clinicians (e.g. monitor calibration)
- Prepares department leadership surrounding upcoming downtimes and relevant business continuity procedures.
- Facilitates requests for user access and password resets and relevant documentation.
- Mentors staff to utilize PHS IS Service Desk for all break/fix requests and acknowledges/updates/closes tickets that are assigned to him/her. Adheres to PHS IT change management procedures.
- Participates as a member of NSMC/PHS IS in communication alerts and escalation protocols as directed and assigned.
- Participates as a member of NSMC/PHS IS in on-call and troubleshooting activities as directed and assigned.
- Participates as a member in meetings as required (e.g. IS Staff Meeting, Radiology Council, etc.)
- Adheres to PHS IT policies as defined in Archer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required: Strong analytical & communication skills; proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, Skype, Powerpoint), Access and Visio; confidence when intervening with professionals & non-professionals; ability to anticipate and assess teaching needs of all Radiology personnel as they relate to computer system technology. Knowledge of DICOM, TCP/IP.
- Preferred: Knowledge of HL7 and XDS-I
- Required: Minimum of 2 years experience working in a clinical environment.
- Preferred:Background in Radiology computer system technology, particularly McKesson PACS installations.
- Required: Bachelors Degree or 4 years experience working within a clinical Radiology or IS department
- Preferred:Additional degree related to computer science or systems technology preferred; or considerable related experience required.
- Licensure, Certifications, or Registration:
- Required: None
- Preferred: CIIP, CPSA, CPAS, CDIP, RT