- This person will serve as a critical support role to client's Computing Infrastructure & Services office. This person is expected to manage various server infrastructure initiatives.
- These initiatives are important to upgrade the current infrastructure or are planned for end of life. Implementation of these initiatives are also critical to required cost savings directives.
- The Project Manager will work under the direction of the Computing Infrastructure & Services Director to plan the implementation of the key initiatives, to clear road blocks, and to provide status to the Director – and overall client executives.
- The immediate and critical initiatives involve: DocuWare, Cohesity, SQL Server Virtualization, Legacy Server Migrations (2003, 2008 and 2012) and SCCM 2019.
- The Project Manager will plan, organize and manage the various initiatives to completion.
- These initiatives are technology-drive and the resources involved are technology experts.
- This will require a technical background in IT server and infrastructure support.
- To ensure success, the Project Manager will work closely with the project Sponsor, Computing Infrastructure and Services Director.
- Further, the Project Manager will need to coordinate various other resources from within the CIS team and other partnering IT teams.
- The Project Manager will need to understand the challenges presented and lead efforts to plan collaborative strategies.
The four major areas of the Project Manager's responsibilities will be:
- Goal and Objectives setting
- Coordinate subject matter experts and facilitate various IT team via strategic goal setting sessions; identify the commonality to increase value-add efforts
- Create core requirements for each critical initiative
- Document and publish strategic plans
- Risk Evaluation and Management
- Using strategic plan (i.e. goals and objectives), identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks and challenges discovered via PM analysis and subject matter experts' feedback
- Ensure risk mitigation efforts are documented and included in execution plans
- Create master schedule for the CIS initiatives
- Ensure planning is a collaborative task, utilizing all experts and owners of work
- Confirm timelines are aligned with strategic goals of the CIS Director
- Monitor the Plan
- Ensure work is completed as planned, per baselined schedule
- Proactively remove barriers
- Provide oversight to team members accountable for individual project participation/work
- Ensure clear communications as to project status via traditional reporting and as required by the CIS Director
- Ensure all project resources understand role and responsibilities
- Work under direction of the Sponsor to develop a communication strategy
- Accountable for management of scope for the project
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and team members
- Direct the planning and scheduling defined work
- Manage and track the project progress against the project plan
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all project-related issues and resolution of issues
- Coordinate and present proposals to stakeholders as necessary
- Identify and manage project risk and develops risk mitigation strategies, track to closure
- Ensure resources adjust and revise estimates when necessary
- Anticipate issues and proactively address them. Resolve conflicts with sensitivity and tact.
- Coordinate the establishment of project standards and project specific procedures with team resources.
- Responsible for project compliance with PMO standards and procedures
- Responsible for the capture and reporting of required project management metrics
- Responsible to tailor and baseline all program templates
- Develop and facilitate achievement of project service commitments and performance metrics
- Ensure that tasks provide value and support the strategic direction of the project and meet service commitments; conduct reviews with any and all impacted
- Identify and track issues
- Balance workload with project members' capacity
- Communicate to team members how their work assignments relate to and help achieve project objectives
- Experience in enterprise server structure and support
- Experience in organization's core technology infrastructure concepts and constructs
- Experience gathering level of effort data as related to scope of project
- Experience in developing all required assets to execute a project plan: Scope & Schedule Mgmt. plan, Risk Mgmt. plan, Resource plan, Communication plan
GTT is a 100% owned subsidiary of Chenega Corporation, a Native American Corporation performing on 250+ federal projects and 100+ commercial projects with over 5,800 US employees and 1 Billion in annual Revenue. GTT is a leading national staffing agency focused on IT talent; with clients nationwide and a technology-driven recruiting infrastructure.
Flexible work-life Balance, GTT’s exceptional employee driven culture. 1⁄2 day on Friday during summer, few days remote option.
Excellent base salary, One of industries TOP commission structure, three-week vacation.
State of the art Recruiting Infrastructure, AI driven ATS, 9 Million Unique Talent profile, 90+ highly experience Talent advocated.
Parent Company: 5600+ employee organization, over 900m in annual revenues across a variety of industries. Native American Company (8a ANC corporation)/ Minority Owned Benefits:
20 years of referenceable past performance with fortune 500 clients
Our long-term clients include some of national larges companies such as Goldman Sachs, TD Bank, UBS, Thomson Reuters, BOSE, TJX, Partners Healthcare, Fidelity, Amazon/Audible, LYFT, Eversource, PG&E, Abbot and more.
Global Technical Talent, LLC