- This professional will serve as a critical support role to Maine as the State assesses the fiscal impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic across the State and uses the various sources of federal financial assistance Maine has received to address identified impacts.
- This initiative has a broad base with numerous elements including: collaborative, strategic decision-making; communication and outreach across multiple stakeholder groups; research, data collection and analysis; process design and implementation; eligibility and audit reviews; and public reporting via a website.
- The Project Manager will work under the direction of the project sponsor, the State Budget Officer, to develop and execute a project management plan that results in timely distribution and eligible use of State-administered federal assistance, including Coronavirus Relief Funds (CRF).
- The project management plan will also support accountability and transparency in managing and reporting on the CRF and various other COVID-related federal grants.
- To ensure success, the Project Manager will work closely with the project Sponsor, and an oversight and decision-making team within the Department of Administrative and Financial Services.
- The Project Manager will also engage and collaborate with representatives across numerous State agencies and stakeholder groups.
- The Project Manager will need to listen to needs, understand the challenges, and lead efforts to plan collaborative strategies.
- Time, accuracy, and professionalism is of the utmost importance.
The five major areas of the Project Manager's responsibilities will be:
- Goal and Objectives setting
- Coordinate DAFS oversight team and subject matter experts in facilitating various agency strategic goal setting sessions; identify the commonality to increase value-add efforts
- Create core requirements for financial analysis across multiple Agencies, Offices, and external partners
- Document and publish strategic plans
- Expenditure tracking
- Risk Evaluation and Management
- Using strategic plan (i.e. Agency goals and objectives), identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks and challenges discovered via PM analysis and subject matter experts' feedback
- Ensure risk mitigation efforts are documented and included in execution plans
- Create master schedule for Maine's federal funds allocation strategy
- Provide support to Agencies and external partners as they create their individual cost and funding-analysis plans
- Research other States' federal fund allocation models and adopt processes and tools for Maine, confirmed by Stakeho
Global Technical Talent, LLC