- We are currently sourcing for a Cloud Engineer to work in Client’s Workplace Investing Group in Smithfield, RI.
- The Cloud Engineer is responsible for design, implementation, management, and automation of the Azure public cloud offerings for Client Workplace Investing.
- He/She will assist with the initial design, establish standard methodologies, and provide proof of concepts for Azure Cloud Service deployments.
- This associate will operate in a hybrid cloud environment that spans multi-tenant private datacenters and public cloud.
- In cooperation with other internal teams, the Senior Software Engineer delivers the highest level of technical expertise and excellence in cloud management to meet the customers’ established expectations.
- He/she works across multiple teams to define cloud architecture, technology requirements, policies and standards.
The Expertise Cloud Engineer Have
- Design and implement continuous delivery pipelines that serve the purpose of provisioning non-prod and production environments
- Develop deployment automation for any type of workload (Application, database, caching, Mobile, etc.) on Azure using industry standard deployment and configuration tools.
- Develop tools and solutions to integrate, automate, and orchestrate cloud operational needs using Automation, Azure DevOps and ARM templates.
- Define and bring in “Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment” standard methodologies
- Recommend a migration and consolidation strategy for DevOps tools
- Manage DevOps security and compliance
- Partner with Development teams to identify the workload patterns and deliver the suitable deployment automation
- Document deployment automation and pipeline details and effectively socialize with DEV teams to educate and demonstrate
- Provide systems support including responding to monitoring alerts.
- Implement and stay abreast of Cloud and Kubernetes industry standard methodologies and tooling
- Certification in Azure Cloud – DevOps engineer, Developer, Solutions Architect, or Data Engineer
- In addition to hands-on responsibility, the following activities may involve oversight of others’ work:
- Maintain and verify system documentation.
- Maintain security standards in Azure per the Security benchmarks
- Evaluate alternatives for solving problems or improving processes and procedures.
The Skills Cloud Engineer Bring
- Cloud platform experience
- Kubernetes experience (AKS, EKS, Rancher)
- Public Cloud automation using Azure DevOps, ARM templates or CFT templates
- Scripting languages and automate processes: Helm Charts, Yaml, JSON and Python
- Continuous Integration tools and strategies
- Fixing skills, problem solving and resolution (root cause identification)
- Linux/Unix OS
- Network security
- Database technologies SQL and NOSQL
- PostgreSQL, Azure SQL or Oracle databases
- Crafting and developing CI/CD pipelines for automated application deployments, using either Jenkins, Harness, uDeploy Artifactory, BitBucket or Docker Container tools.
- Experience in developing state-of-the-art cloud solutions for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Good Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships),
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Flexibility – work outside normal business hours
Cloud Engineer Requirements and Qualifications:
- Prefer college degree in Computer Science or related field
- Technical Cloud Certifications preferred Azure
- 4-6 years of experience in development, analytics, design, and software development
- 2 years crafting and administrating various cloud platforms in a large-scale environment; preferred platform: Azure
- Demonstrated proficiency of above skills and responsibilities
GTT is a 100% owned subsidiary of Chenega Corporation, a Native American Corporation performing on 250+ federal projects and 100+ commercial projects with over 5,800 US employees and 1 Billion in annual Revenue. GTT is a leading national staffing agency focused on IT talent; with clients nationwide and a technology-driven recruiting infrastructure.
Flexible work-life Balance, GTT’s exceptional employee driven culture. 1⁄2 day on Friday during summer, few days remote option.
Excellent base salary, One of industries TOP commission structure, three-week vacation.
State of the art Recruiting Infrastructure, AI driven ATS, 9 Million Unique Talent profile, 90+ highly experience Talent advocated.
Parent Company: 5600+ employee organization, over 900m in annual revenues across a variety of industries. Native American Company (8a ANC corporation)/ Minority Owned Benefits:
20 years of referenceable past performance with fortune 500 clients
Our long-term clients include some of national larges companies such as Goldman Sachs, TD Bank, UBS, Thomson Reuters, BOSE, TJX, Partners Healthcare, Fidelity, Amazon/Audible, LYFT, Eversource, PG&E, Abbot and more.