- Handles sensitive consumer information (credit bureau data, raw PII, customer account information)
- Utilizes third party data sources, internal systems and tools to research and analyze information to ensure accuracy of credit reporting
- Researches and responds to disputes received directly by mail or email
- Utilizes e-Oscar to quickly respond to indirect disputes in the way of Automated Consumer Dispute Verification (ACDV)
- Researches and actions feedback from the credit bureaus, internal reporting, and third parties to ensure accurate reporting
- Corrects inaccurate account information provided to CRAs and documents the resolution using internal systems and e-OSCAR
- Maintains a clear understanding of current internal credit-related policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal regulations and credit industry standards
- Adapts to and endorses change and serves as an agent of positive change to support goals and direction
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to meet or exceed external and internal expectations, service, and quality goals
- Able to work within a corporate environment understanding its structure and adhering to schedule and punctuality requirements
- Responsible for ensuring confidentiality of all aspects of the company's operations, portfolio, customer information and computer technology
- Must be able to work weekdays and weekend/overtime if required to ensure adherence to SLAs
- Engages internal/external partners to obtain pertinent account information
- Identifies and addresses process improvements based on day to-day observations and activities
- Responds to inquiries and assists in resolving problems/complaints
- Promotes a positive team environment by demonstrating professional behavior and respect for others
- Escalates more complex or unusual issues to lead or supervisory staff
- Performs additional responsibilities/duties as assigned by management
- Superior analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to use/learn current technology and software applications related to position
- Dedicated, self-directed and reliable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic computer skills – familiar with spreadsheets
Nice to Have:
- Knowledgeable of state and federal laws and agencies applicable to collections, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Dodd-Frank Act
- 1+ years of financial services experience
- Strong excel skills – macros, vlookup, pivot tables
- Accomplishes listed on resume – previous sales awards, etc
Education: Associate degree preferred
GTT is a 100% owned subsidiary of Chenega Corporation, a Native American Corporation performing on 250+ federal projects and 100+ commercial projects with over 5,800 US employees and 1 Billion in annual Revenue. GTT is a leading national staffing agency focused on IT talent; with clients nationwide and a technology-driven recruiting infrastructure.
Flexible work-life Balance, GTT’s exceptional employee driven culture. 1⁄2 day on Friday during summer, few days remote option.
Excellent base salary, One of industries TOP commission structure, three-week vacation.
State of the art Recruiting Infrastructure, AI driven ATS, 9 Million Unique Talent profile, 90+ highly experience Talent advocated.
Parent Company: 5600+ employee organization, over 900m in annual revenues across a variety of industries. Native American Company (8a ANC corporation)/ Minority Owned Benefits:
20 years of referenceable past performance with fortune 500 clients
Our long-term clients include some of national larges companies such as Goldman Sachs, TD Bank, UBS, Thomson Reuters, BOSE, TJX, Partners Healthcare, Fidelity, Amazon/Audible, LYFT, Eversource, PG&E, Abbot and more.