This dept. does accounting for the 5 hospitals. Journal entries, balance sheet account reqs, everything in between. Work closely with finance dept. of the hospital who feeds them most of the information they need.
Routine duties as well as other responsibilities around fixed asset or construction accounting, which can be a bit more complex. Will get quite a bit of training and preparation. Very hands on, on the job training.
- 1-2 years of experience
- Spreadsheet skills
- Word processing
- Computerized financial systems
- CPA Eligibility (do not need actual CPA)
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Business
- This is an entry level position, but they would like someone from a big four or public accounting background. Some accounting experience would be ideal.
- This position falls under the direction of the Hospital Operations group within Corporate Accounting and could extend until a permanent replacement is found for the open position.
- Temp to Perm is a strong possibility - ideal situation
- Quick phone interview and then potential in-person
No shift or weekend; however, additional hours may be necessary around month-end close.
Holiday and on-call expectations (i.e. on call 3X per week; holiday - 1 major, 1 minor)