Accounting Administrative Assistant
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Organize and route incoming mail; locate and attach the appropriate correspondence file.
2. Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
3. Compose and type routine correspondence; organize and maintain a file system and file correspondence and other records.
4. Answer and screen manager's telephone calls; arrange conference calls; coordinate manager's schedule and make appointments.
5. Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according
to their needs.
6. Coordinate and arrange meetings; prepare agendas; reserve and prepare facilities; record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
7. Conduct research, compile and type statistical reports.
8. Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
9. Order and maintain supplies; arrange equipment maintenance.
10. Answer and return pressure complaints and customer calls; distribute and dispatch orders to pressure technicians. Organize and maintain a catalog of all incoming pressure complaints for future reference or resolution. Provide technical engineering assistance to assess customers' plumbing problems and make the appropriate recommendations or assignments.
11. Work closely with internal departments to triage customer issues such as water accountability, and environmental land administration in the handling and scheduling customer complaints to ensure they are acted upon promptly.
12. Assist technicians in the field with water pressure testing to resolve customers' water pressure complaints.
13. Create, gather and publish monthly project information from engineers regarding the capital projects for board submission and the chief engineer's monthly reports submittal.
14. Enter and create companywide requests for capital purchases and projects in SAP while ensuring all data and documentation needed for capital projects and purchases, requisitioning and creation of purchase orders is clear, concise and properly organized. Troubleshoot all related issues.
15. Provide the necessary forms, directions and instructions for the department's use and needs related to project control, management and records.
16. Perform all work safely in accordance with established safety policies and procedures. Comply with all safety and health standards and guidelines issued by management.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook). Knowledge of computers, printers, copiers, and fax machines. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Adhere to policy and procedures regarding the company's confidential information. Numerical ability to make basic arithmetic calculations when compiling and auditing reports and expense accounts. Ability to proofread written materials, index and file correspondence, and records, including excellent organizational skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
•Valid driver's license required
•Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or sit for extended periods
•Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
•Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
•Oral and written communication skills
•Ability to see within normal parameters
•Ability to hear within normal parameters
•Ability to move about
•Ability to lift 25 pounds
•Moderate noise (business office)
I acknowledge that I have read (or had it read to me) this job description and I can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. I understand and will fulfill the duties and responsibilities listed in this job description and understand that this job description is not designed to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities of the position. I understand the Organization reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Global Team Staffing, LLCBirmingham, AL
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Administrative Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.