- Take the product release from R&D, relay and translate to the Test and Evaluation team the data needs for the test result for the Acquisition process, which measures performance of components as well as of the integrated, multi-sensor units with data acquisition and other functions.
- Participate in design inputs at the Test and Evaluation stage to insure good data results, both from testing individual technologies as well as the integrated performance of all functions, sensors, and data acquisition.
- Set up matrices to chart performance of results.
- Write assessments of performance levels reported from Test and Evaluation for understanding by Acquisition team.
- Will ensure that information provided to the Acquisition team reflect technical realities, and insure the acquisition team appreciates the technical issues involved. In this role will participate as a central figure to the collaboration of the various teams, facilitating evolution of sound engineering solutions.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- A Bachelor’s and at least 10 years of relevant experience (or a Master’s with at least 8 years of relevant experience)
- Strength in any aspect of CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological, and/or nuclear threats) and/ or CWMD (Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction) programs is ideal, as is DHS experience.
- Experience in a government technology program in which the acquisition process was at least part of your involvement.
- Ability to interface with team members, technical leads and Project Managers.
- Complete, comprehensive benefits package. We will respond with more details to qualified applicants.
Our core capabilities include systems engineering; R&D in the domains of physics, chemistry, biology, electronics, and software; Test and Evaluation (T&E), Human Factors (HF) engineering, Configuration Management (CM), and Integrated Logistic Support (ILS).
GST is the prime contractor for (among others) the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Professional Engineering and Logistics Support Services (PELSS-2) contract, supporting the fields of baggage screening, passenger screening, surveillance, air cargo/ intermodal security and technology integration. Under this contract, we interface with Government and international entities, equipment manufacturers, airports, and personnel from all modes of transportation. We provide liaison to the R&D community, report on emergent technologies, perform trade off studies, develop system architectures, and produce standards, specifications and requirements.
GST also supports the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL) at the W.J. Hughes Technical Center, Atlantic City, NJ. Technical support ranges from lab management to research and development (R&D) on the detectable properties of explosives and other dangerous materials, new technology for explosive detection in passenger and cargo screening, testing and certification of explosive detection equipment.
Global Systems Technologies