Global Secure Shipping is an engineering and manufacturing company dedicated to providing secure composite shipping solutions for commercial and government customers. We are seeking a Manufacturing Technician. The Manufacturing Technician will be located in Old Town, Maine and report to the Manufacturing Manager. The Manufacturing Technician will assist in operational activities, general manufacturing, and will be responsible for process control and continuous improvement activities in one of several key technical manufacturing processes, mechanical systems, and composite manufacturing process.
General and Task Management
- Accurately following written work instructions and ability to read technical drawings
- General production operations (composite, mechanical)
- Understand basic assembly and mechanical systems
- Measure, analysis and evaluate key manufacturing processes
- Implement data driven continuous improvement ideas and activities
- Perform basic visual and dimensional inspection of parts
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a one of the following technical fields:
- Mechanical manufacturing (quality control, assembly, metal fab, electrical, etc)
- Composite manufacturing a plus
- Experience working in teams and/or team activities.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing tools and concepts
- Ability to use a variety of hand & measuring tools and shop equipment for modification, fabrication, and repair. (and/or mechanical, electrical, composites)
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Assist in ensuring Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost measurements are met with adherence to the core values of the Global Secure Shipping