President & CEO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: President & CEO
Organization: Global Santa Fe, www.globalsantafe.org
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Posted on: 1/6/2023; Desired start date: Immediate
Position: This is a full-time, exempt position.
Application deadline: January 31, 2023
ABOUT GLOBAL SANTA FE
Global Santa Fe is an education-based non-profit that ignites dialogue around critical world issues. Our intellectual and cultural leadership empowers our members, educators, students and communities to be more informed and engaged. We do this through three interconnected program areas: 1) Dialogue & Diplomacy 2) International Exchanges 3) Educational Programs & Outreach. Global Santa Fe is a member of Global Ties U.S. and the World Affairs Councils of America.
The Board of Directors is seeking an energetic, experienced and hands-on leader for the immediate opening of President & CEO (“President”).
This position offers a wide range of creative opportunities and rewards. The President will draw on Global Santa Fe’s new name and brand, which was launched in early 2022, to take the organization to the next level. The position is the organization’s key leader, responsible for managing a staff of three to four professionals, interns and volunteers. Among the President’s responsibilities are membership, community outreach, fundraising, program development and budget management.
The President reports directly to the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading Global Santa Fe in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing information necessary for the Board to fulfill its governance responsibilities.
Financial Performance and Viability
- Responsible for fundraising, in coordination with the Board, and developing revenues to support Global Santa Fe. Funds are raised from businesses, individuals, foundations, government grants and an annual gala.
- Responsible for the fiscal management and integrity, including submitting to the Board an annual budget and monthly financial statements.
Organization Mission and Strategy
- Develop and implement a clear, ambitious, and attainable vision and strategy for the organization in consultation with a range of stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, membership, and larger community.
- Execute the strategy in a way that will cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level audiences, including the media, civic leaders, and community partners.
Operations and Staff Management
- The President works with a staff who are responsible for office management, programs and events, educational outreach, international exchange, and marketing, membership and development.
- The President is responsible for recruiting, hiring and evaluating staff. In addition, the President ensures that there is a safe, secure, and legal work environment.
- The President is responsible along with the Board for developing and achieving Global Santa Fe’s strategic and operational goals. The President, supported by the Board, is responsible for raising significant financial resources to support the organization’s budget. The President will build on our strong record of providing global education opportunities to high school students, teachers and the community at large.
- One of the priorities of the new President will be expanding Global Santa Fe’s development and marketing programs to build membership and diversify its revenues from a primarily membership fee-based structure to stronger engagement with other funders.
- Developing and Communicating a Vision. Demonstrated success developing a thoughtful strategic planning process and a vision that the President can articulate both internally and externally.
- Revenue. Proven track record of growing and diversifying revenue sources. Hands-on budget skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting.
- Entrepreneurial Thinking. Ability to develop and implement innovative ideas, programs, and revenue streams.
- Communication and Relationship Management Skills. A clear ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form to inspire people and develop local, national and international relationships is critical.
- Technical Skills. Knowledge of and experience in using and administering digital technologies and supporting the training of staff in a broad range of digital applications. These include financial and contact management software, e.g., Salesforce, Excel, Power Point.
- International Competence. Demonstrated understanding of international and global affairs issues.
Other Desired qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated strength of character, integrity, and the highest ethical standards.
- Experience in conducting media interviews and making public presentations.
- Proven history of fund development abilities, member development strategies, and donor relations relevant to the nonprofit sector.
- Present or previous connections to Santa Fe and New Mexico are considered a plus.
Substantial experience working in the nonprofit sector. Alternatively, extensive experience in the leadership and management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
Education / Requirements
Undergraduate degree required and advanced degree preferred. Must have at least three to five years of experience at executive leadership and management levels in the not-for-profit or for-profit sector. The position requires that the President reside in Santa Fe.
The salary range for this position is between $90,000-$110,000/annum depending on experience. An annual performance evaluation will determine compensation including salary and other financial incentives. Health insurance and employer contributions to an employee benefit plan are also included.
Global Santa Fe does not discriminate against any individual due to the person’s race, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Applicants should send a cover letter and résumé addressed to Ambassador Mark L. Asquino, Chair, Search Committee. Please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. The post will be open until filled.
Global Santa Fe
413 Grant AvenueSanta Fe, NM
Get fresh Vice CEO jobs daily straight to your inbox!