System Engineer - (Linux)
- Posted: over a month ago
Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, detail orientated, and talented individual for the position of System Engineer.
Summary: The System Engineer will guide successful completion of major engineering programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
- Guides the successful completion of major engineering programs and may function in a project leadership role.
- Develops advanced solutions to highly complex engineering problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Performs advanced systems design, development, and integration from the start of a systems life cycle to the end.
- Provides and applies advanced engineering to highly complex infrastructures including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Provides and applies advanced engineering skills to highly complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Performs continual maintenance and provides advanced solutions for continual and highly complex security, backup and redundancy problems.
- Prepares and maintains all documentation for processes and procedures related to engineering projects.
- Provides guidance to less-experienced Systems Engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes.
- May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
- May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, model formulation, computer architecture analysis and design, and digital systems engineering.
- Invents innovative ways to drive production operational efficiency.
- Drives scalability and operability of supported systems/infrastructure.
- Implements, manages and enhances Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline tools.
- Creates, maintains, and reviews Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Desired State Configuration (DSC) and/or Puppet configuration management tools to support the provisioning infrastructure.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Experience working in DevOps environments for agile projects
- Strong scripting and deployment skills (Python, Bash, Java/Groovy, NodeJS/Typescript etc.)
- Strong knowledge of IP Networking including VPC's, VPN's, VRF, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls.
- Design and implement fully automated enterprise pipelines using a suite of DevSecOps tools including HashiCorp (Consul, Vault, Terraform), Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet, Github
- Creating users and groups using AWS security groups and IAM;
- Creating and managing EC2 instances; • Developing and executing cloud formation scripts;
- Creating and managing elastic bulk storage; creating and managing S3 storage;
- Evaluating systems and making recommendations to increase availability and efficiency.
- Ten+ (10) years related experience
- Bachelors Degree in IT/Computer Science
- Your compliance with the vaccination requirements of the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety, Executive Order 14042, as applicable for your direct or indirect work on or in support of a covered federal contract.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Full Scope Polygraph
- Demonstrated experience in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and evaluating engineering designs to ensure standards and best practices are met.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise engineering design and implementation of storage using Files, Objects and Blocks.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise engineering design and implementation of platforms using Windows and Linux.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise engineering design and implementation of web and application services.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise engineering design and implementation of secure remote access to web and SaaS applications with zero endpoint configuration.
- Demonstrated experience with different technology solutions for secure web and application services such as Citrix Secure Browser.
- Demonstrated experience with system monitoring and management tools such as Nagios, Icinga, App Dynamics or CloudWatch.
- Demonstrated experience implementing SAN and NAS technology along with different protocols for each storage technology.
- Demonstrated experience building AWS infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience using Amazon Web Services technologies such as AWS Command Line (AWSCLI), Amazon Machine Images (AMI), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3) and Glacier, Elastic Block Storage, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), or CloudWatch and Autoscaling.
- Demonstrated experience with automated provisioning technologies or methods, such as Amazon Web Services CloudFormation, GitHub, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, or Scientific Linux) or Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2 or 20I2 R2) environments.
- Demonstrated experience engineering, building, configuring, and maintaining via Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Demonstrated experience supporting development efforts to tuning/troubleshoot both application and OS level issues.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and securing web and application servers such as Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss EAP, or SOLR.
- Demonstrated experience with virtual apps, desktops, and data from any device.
- Demonstrated experience with installing and configuring Endeca, Autonomy IDOL, or ZooKeeper.
- Demonstrated experience with different enterprise storage to include Tier 1-4, such as, highly volatile and time sensitive data, transactional data, hot data and infrequent used data (Please provide experience with each Tier).
- Demonstrated experience with information security practices such as cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, Auditing, Patching, Security Benchmark Compliance, or OS hardening.
Physical Requirements: This position requires employees to be willing and able to: sit, bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk.
Communication: Excellent customer service via phone and face to face conversation, excellent written and oral command of English.
An exciting and rewarding career awaits you with Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS). GRS is a management consulting company to government and business that offers great career opportunities and a comprehensive slate of employee benefits to our employees including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan. GRS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Global Resource Solutions, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Global Resource Solutions, Inc.