Senior OT Engineer
The Senior Operational Technology (OT) Engineer is a customer facing position engaged in network optimization and virtualization for a major GPA client. This engineer needs to have experience in industrial manufacturing and be able to adapt to a fast-paced 24/7/365 industrial environment. This engineer will be supporting Cisco networks consisting of 100+ switches, firewalls, and wireless devices.
This position will be based out of Wilmington, NC.
- Responsible for working within a team of engineers supporting the maintenance, expansion and improvements of the network and its’ components.
- Provide support for a mid-size deployment of VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5 & 6.0 using technologies like vCenter appliances, distributed switches, High Availability, VMware Horizon View, and more is required.
- Provide support for, secure, and improve the Active Directory domain and existing deployment of over 300 servers and workstations.
- Other opportunities to work on new deployments and projects within GPA as needed and primary client demands allow
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- CCNA or equivalent relevant experience working with Cisco devices.
- VCP-DCV or equivalent relevant experience working with VMware technologies
- Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, and common technologies found in domain deployments
- Ability to troubleshoot basic hardware problems
- Understanding of iSCSI, Fiber Channel, and other SAN technologies
- Ability to execute a backup strategy and test restore procedures
- Basic database administration skills (Microsoft SQL)
- Experience with an array or desktop and server operating systems (2000, 2003, 2012, 2016, XP, 7, 10)
- Test and deploy Microsoft security patches in a non-disruptive manner
Preferred additional skills:
- Experience within industrial manufacturing facilities
- Experience scripting in PowerShell, VBScript, or other languages
- Experience working in an industrial or other 24/7 environment
- Knowledge of OSI PI or other manufacturing historian and trending packages
- Working experience with ABB, Rockwell, Valmet, Siemens, or other DCS vendors, including software installation and configuration
- Understanding of the Purdue Enterprise Reference Architecture
- Experience with Aruba wireless hardware
- Dell Wyse Zero Clients or HP ThinOS
GPA offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Attendance to Training and Industry Conferences
- Medical plan with prescription, dental, and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
- Company matched 401(k)
- Holidays, vacation, and personal time