Our client a Global Multi-Billion-Dollar Manufacturing Company with a great deal of product diversity is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager. This role serves as a technical leader for the Electrical and Software engineering functions providing technical leadership, advisement, and guidance in the research, development, and commercialization of Gems products and/or processes. This position typically manages and supervises managers and engineers in the support of these efforts. This role is responsible for the day to day operations of electrical and software engineering and for the identification and development of new electronic sensing technologies
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Program management of projects associated with key customers so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Monitor, measure and report on engineering issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers and customers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of engineering development projects.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of engineering technology trends and capabilities and communicate those to the executive team.
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance in cooperation with the executive team.
- Overall responsibility for timely delivery of electrical engineering deliverables meeting performance and cost specifications for all New Product Development, sustaining and value engineering activities (ECN, PPV, VAVE)
- Reviews and critiques the plans and work of Electrical Engineering associates as required
Management Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Mentor, train, and develop electrical and software engineering team
- Actively manage department electrical engineering resources for projects and company initiatives
- Design, develop, validate, and assist in production launch and sustaining of products
- Interface with other internal/external departments and customers to provide support, understand program/project requirements
- Provide technical direction in troubleshooting, Failure Analysis, Root Cause, and Corrective Action processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with technical product experience. Master’s degree in a Electrical Engineering or business field is preferred.
- Management/supervisory experience desired.
- Lean skills and experience desired.
- Demonstrated proven leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of configuration management.
- Fosters cross-functional problem solving and cooperation
- Fundamental understanding of:
- Design for Manufacturing, Sourcing, Assembly, Reliability Principles
- Human Factors and Usability Engineering Considerations
- DFMEA / Risk Analysis and Mitigation
- Component selection
- Value engineering principles
- Proficiency with tools for simulation, schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium, or equivalent)
Global Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing Company