Director of Finance - Fortune 500 Manufacturing Company
Global Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing Company Hartford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Client a Fortune 500 diversified manufacturing company is seeking a Director of Finance for one of their business units. The primary role of the Director of Finance is to partner with the executive leadership to drive change, improve profitability, and analyze business opportunities while providing senior level accounting management and financial focus within the business. The goal and key metric for success of this effort is the maintenance of the Corporation’s financial integrity through the development and management of best practice financial controls and processes, assuring that delivery of information to stakeholders is accurate, timely, relevant and transparent. The Director of Finance is directly responsible for the supervision of all accounting and information systems functions, the preparation and accuracy of all financial reports, development and maintenance of corporate management information and operational metrics, and serves as a core contributor to the Leadership team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and manages all accounting and information systems, personnel and general ledger functions, including cost management and analysis, accounts payable and receivable and working capital management.
- Installs and maintains financial controls to minimize risk for the business, and assure consistent reporting of operational performance.
- Leads the corporation in attainment of financial operational goals, including the reduction of working capital, and creative management of inventory turns and receivable/payables days outstanding. Serves as a core member of the acquisition team and functions as the lead contact with the bank group.
- Develops and publishes the annual operating plan, strategic plan financials, forecasts and monthly financial statements through collaboration with members of the leadership team as appropriate.
- Provides support for the coaching and training of members of the management team, extending an understanding of financial activities and practice, including debt structure and other complex financial concepts. Actively participates in the corporation’s strategic pursuit of profitable sales growth and migration to a world class manufacturing environment.
- Provides supervision and direction to the business for all capital budgeting and planning activities, including the preparation of capital appropriation requests, monitoring of the annual plan, and post completion audits per corporate policy. Prepares the financial analysis for capital requests utilizing EVA net present value, payback period, and internal rate of return modeling.
- Promotes and executes regular benchmarking and audits of the corporation’s financial controls, to assure institutionalization of best practices.
- Implements information technology solutions (computer and telecommunication systems) to solve business challenges. Manages out-sourced functions including all shared service activities and third-party information systems support.
- Provides data support and counsel for customer pricing and continuous improvement initiatives, working closely with Operations, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales management.
- Primary liaison with senior and subordinated lenders and responsible for preparing quarterly covenant compliance reports and maintenance of working capital lines.
- Acquisition support, when applicable, including evaluation of target’s financial results, transaction modeling, coordinating with lending partners, etc.
- Education: B.S. or B.A. Finance or Accounting. CPA and / or MBA preferred.
- Experience: 10 years or more of manufacturing accounting experience, including staff supervision.
- Special Training or Skills: Strong computer skills and IT management experience is required.
- Special Notation: Some travel is a requirement of the job, dictated by the needs of the business.
- Manufacturing orientation, ideally with highly customized products and services in a multi-plant environment.
- Experience with international trade and financial requirements.
- Development and maintenance of key business metrics and information to support the executive leadership team in daily and strategic business decisions.
- Significant exposure to job costing.
- Exposure to a leveraged environment and the associated stakeholders (senior, mezzanine and private equity partners).
- Acquisition support and integration.
- Financial and/or other systems integration.