This is a 100% virtual/work-from-home Help Desk position. You may work from your home office anywhere in Canada providing support for small, medium, and enterprise business environments. GMS supports professional development and offers tons of growth opportunity and room for advancement! If you genuinely love helping others, we would love to hear from you!
If you don't enjoy helping others or can't handle the occasional caller in a panic, this might not be a great fit for you!
Here is what some of our colleagues have said:
"No commute + no car bills + being home with children = awesome work/life balance"
- Current Mentor/Help Desk Analyst
"Working for a growing company like Global Mentoring Solutions is great. We are getting more clients every week and advancement is rampant here. This is not your average Help Desk job. We are given the tools to resolve the user's issues and make the clients extremely happy with the performance we put forward. Plus, being an e-commuter, no traffic to fight and great benefits.”
- Current Mentor/Help Desk Analyst
"I can say that the team has seen growth along the way but the most growth has been in the last 3 years and there seems to be no stop in sight for the continuous growth. I attribute the continuous growth to the foresight of the Senior Leadership Team, and knowing when and how to expand into emerging trends…"
- Former Mentor, currently working in Certification, Security and Compliance
“Been here over 12 years now, my job has evolved along with my skill set. Always fun learning new things.”
- Former Mentor, currently Compliance and Training Officer
- Please apply only in English. While some positions are bilingual, all internal communication is in English.
- Please upload a formatted resume in Microsoft Word of PDF format, instead of using a saved resume in a job board.
- Please insert the following reference ID into your resume or cover letter (does not matter where): 67-yid1061
- We recommend saving the URL of the job posting for future reference.
Your regular activities will include:
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving Tier One and Tier Two incidents via phone, chat, remote assistance in a contact centre environment, on a 24/7 rotating shift schedule;
- Creating a positive customer support experience and building strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution on escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude;
- Maintaining and protecting confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information;
- Performing multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills to meet changing job conditions;
- Using helpdesk management tools to log/monitor/close client problems & requests according to GMS’ policy and procedures; and
- Performing administrative duties such as e-mail management and documentation.
To qualify for this role, you must have the following:
- High-level oral and written communication skills in English;
- 2 years of experience in any one, or a blend of the following areas:
- -> Contact Centre
- -> Help Desk
- -> In-home PC repair
- -> Trainer / Instructor / One-on-one tutor or coach
- At least 1 year of experience supporting:
- -> Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or later, including restarting server-side services, AD DS, and Print and Document Services
- -> Resolving remote access issues, including VPN
- -> Troubleshooting and restoring connectivity to the internet, network devices, and servers
- -> E-mail applications and browsers
- -> Antivirus and anti-malware applications
- -> Current versions of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- At least one of the following certifications: A+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA or equivalent experience with Microsoft Windows environments; and
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm.
Experience in any of the following areas would be an asset:
- High-level oral communication skills in French and/or Spanish
- IT ticketing systems and remote management tools
- Monitoring network and server event alerts in a NOC
- Exchange Server 2010 or later
- Office 365 Admin Center
- macOS and macOS applications in a standalone and Windows domain environment
- iOS, Android, Blackberry
- Cloud infrastructure
- IM clients – Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business
- Financial and CRM applications
- PC/Network Security, TCP/IP and wireless communications
You will be successful in this position if...
- You have a positive personality, enjoy helping others, and are committed to providing unparalleled customer service;
- You don't take things personally and let distressed end-users get to you, because you understand that people calling about tech problems are sometimes in a panic;
- You are skilled at multitasking and work well under limited supervision in a fast-paced virtual office environment;
- You have superior problem solving abilities;
- You enjoy variety and supporting a wide scope of issues;
- You are passionate about technology and committed to continuous learning and personal growth.
About the Benefits
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive salary or wage based on your skills and qualifications. Full-time permanent employees are also entitled to an extended health benefits package.
At Global Mentoring Solutions, we help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials, coaching, and subsidies for completing technology certification exams that are relevant to your position.
You read all the way to the bottom! Thank you for doing so! Instead of inserting 67-yid1061 as the reference ID, please put readthewholething instead.
GMS thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted with next steps.