A&P Mechanic - Rotor Wing
Global Medical Response - GMR Bangor, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Mechanic Fixed Wing is responsible for the daily airworthiness and safety of Company fixed wing aircraft and articles as assigned in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Mechanic Fixed Wing supports all company departments to ensure safe and efficient high quality patient transports.
• Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repairs and alterations in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAA), company policies and procedures, in a timely manner, with a high standard of safety and quality.
• Ensures all aircraft maintenance record entries are executed and submitted in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures and applicable maintenance manuals.
• Participates in company programs to ensure continuous process improvement including but not limited to the ASAP/MSAP Program, Safety and Risk program, and the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System.
• Maintains, monitors and is accountable for fuel equipment, aircraft parts, tools, supplies and ground support equipment in accordance with company General Operations Manual, as required.
• Acts as support for other mechanics when parts and additional maintenance resources are required.
• Interacts on a regular basis with all Pilots and Med Crew, company representatives, FAA, and others as required.
• Works on special projects as required.
• Three (3) years Leonardo Aw109SP, A109E aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, and of EMS aviation practices and requirements preferred.
• Maintenance experience on current fixed wing aircraft preferred.
• Avionics troubleshooting knowledge and basic electrical repair experience preferred.
• Aircraft systems knowledge required.
• Aircraft records systems knowledge required.
• Aircraft maintenance planning experience preferred.
• Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and technical publications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
Education: Graduate from a A&P Technical program or Military equivalent preferred
• Strong work ethic and initiative with an ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and 24/7 on-call.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Valid and Current A&P License required.
Location: Bangor, ME
Global Medical Response - GMR
Global Medical Response is an industry leader that provides life extending air and ground medical services through the rapid transport of the critically ill and injured. We are renowned for state-of-the-art helicopter equipment, a safety first culture, and successful patient missions. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match and holiday pay.
TravelView all jobs at Global Medical Response - GMR