REAL ESTATE COMPANY – Washington D.C. Metro Area
Senior Property Accountant
Excellent opportunity in a newly created role in the Accounting department of our Bethesda corporate office reporting to the Assistant Controller. Our Company, a medical REIT, through continued growth offers an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliant environment. Qualified candidates can expect immediate consideration.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Maintaining all responsibilities for property level financial close including:
· Preparation of monthly financial information in accordance with GAAP.
· Analyzing monthly financial results through the preparation and review of account details and variances and provide oral and written analysis explanations related to the analysis.
· Researching problems or questions under the direction of the Assistant Controller or VP of Asset Management.
· Reviewing monthly financial reports and activity prepared by third party administrators.
· Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
· Responsible for cash management of property level activity.
· Monitoring and preparing all real estate tax payments including extensions and sales tax
· Assisting in preparation of property level budgets based on lease review, including capital expenditure and leasing budgets.
· Preparation or review of annual CAM reconciliations for all properties.
· Maintaining and reviewing the tenant ledger.
· Collaborating with corporate accounting to assist in the quarterly close process.
· Collaborating with the asset management team to gather information needed to support property level activity.
· Preparing and reviewing property level information presented in corporate quarterly reports.
· Assisting in the quarterly review and annual audit processes with our external auditors.
· Owning responsibility for certain SOX controls and participate in key control processes.
· Identifying and implementing process and system improvement.
· Performing additional duties as assigned.
· A bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
· Minimum of five years of relevant work experience demonstrating hands on involvement in all aspects of property level financial preparation process.
· Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
· Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in excel and other accounting systems.
· Strong professional references.
· Previous real estate experience is strongly preferred.
· Previous experience with Yardi or similar software is preferred
· A CPA license is preferred
Global Medical REIT Inc
Why Work Here?As a Maryland corporation, GMRE is engaged primarily in the acquisition of purpose-built healthcare facilities and the leasing of these facilities to leading clinical operators with dominant market share. We intend to produce increasing, reliable rental revenue by leasing each of our healthcare facilities to a single market-leading operator under a long-term triple-net lease.
GMRE is a growing company with an energetic team that welcomes dynamic, impactful professionals.