The Global Medical REIT Inc. Due Diligence Director is the organizational tip of the spear, ensuring that we continue to acquire high-quality medical real estate with exceptional healthcare provider tenants that suit our portfolio and long-term strategic goals. By working closely with our Acquisition and Asset Management Teams, the Due Diligence Director will gather, organize, analyze and report on the breadth and depth of information that is needed to evaluate a potential facility purchase. As the Due Diligence Director, you would oversee the collection and review of third-party consultant reports, including property condition assessments, environmental site assessments, title examinations, survey examinations, zoning compliance, building systems analysis, in addition to analyzing property financials (including property operating statements, CAM reconciliations, budgets, etc.) tenant and guarantor financials. This timely and rigorous review, report on due diligence findings and recommendation is a key part of our decision to invest. You will be tasked with building out a department of your own as we continue to grow.
· Request, track, collect and organize due diligence documents from transaction counter-parties
· Analyze deal fact patterns and perform diligence on tenants and properties
· Perform economic underwriting for each transaction and prepare summaries, which includes reviewing historical property-level operating statements, budgets, CAM reconciliations, Argus models, etc.
· Coordinate with third-party consultants to complete physical and environmental inspections and appraisals
· Consult with transaction attorneys on reviewing surveys and title work to incorporate business considerations into the legal analysis
· Assess credit worthiness of prospective tenants, calculate rent coverage and conduct interview of key managers to understand operations, trends and continuity
· Coordinate and collaborate with acquisitions team and other relevant parties regarding diligence progress
· Review all due diligence information and consultant reports to identify any “red flag” issues and report to acquisitions team/Management
· Perform local market research to identify any “red flag” issues with a potential investment
· Prepare the geographic and health care market analysis
· Prepare abstracts or summaries of any legal document needed to analyze investment opportunity
· Prepare Preliminary and Final Investment Memos for presentation to Management Commitment Committee
· Review zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, improvements/contributions, soils/geology, and estimate building costs with the assistance of Facilities Director.
· Assist with transitioning property from acquisition to asset management and when applicable, third party managers
· Collaborate with asset management to ensure appropriate property on-boarding
· Maintain organized and user-friendly electronic data storage
· Minimum of 8 years real estate industry experience, with a minimum of 5 years specializing in property and tenant due diligence
· Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
· Excellent fact-gathering and analytical skills
· Excellent Excel and ARGUS skills
· Experience in Commercial Real Estate Valuation, Acquisitions, or Underwriting
· Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter willing to help build a new team at a rapidly-growing company.
Global Medical REIT Inc
Why Work Here?As a Maryland corporation, GMRE is engaged primarily in the acquisition of purpose-built healthcare facilities and the leasing of these facilities to leading clinical operators with dominant market share. We intend to produce increasing, reliable rental revenue by leasing each of our healthcare facilities to market-leading operators under a long-term triple-net lease.
GMRE is a growing company with an energetic team that welcomes dynamic, impactful professionals.