This position participates as a high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software for third party customers, project leads, and management. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Develops and/or provides technical leadership in the development of software involving application of new technologies with significant technical risk.
· Act as high-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
· Lead a large development team in the design of highly complex software systems for third party customers, and is responsible for project completion as required.
· Designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to apply to, and integrate with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements.
· Independently design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software for third party customers.
· Assist in training less-experienced software development staff.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
· May act as team leader on less complex projects.
· May participate in the development of software user manuals.
· May participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 7 years experience
· Must have experience with mission critical applications, preferably medical products or devices.
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements preferred
· Skilled in developing technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
· Ability to use object-oriented systems composed of objects that communicate with one another using explicitly designed interfaces, an (OO) methodologies which may include OMT and UML.
· Possess proficiency in object engineering and applications development using object oriented (OO) tools such as C++, Visual C++, C#, etc.
· Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.