Global Machinery- Boise Meridian, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Global Machinery specializes in providing equipment solutions for a variety of segments of the construction industry. Our rental fleet, equipment service, parts procurement, and sales staff offer our customers various options that work for their needs.
- Health Insurance*
- Dental Insurance*
- Vision Insurance
- 401k match
- Two weeks of vacation (increases to three weeks after 5 years of employment)
- One week of sick time
*Regarding Health and Dental Insurance, our company covers the majority of this cost for our employees. However, if the employee chooses to add any dependents (spouse and/or children), the employee is responsible for 100% of those additional costs.
A Service Technician’s responsibilities include diagnosing, adjusting, repairing, over-hauling, and performing service maintenance on construction and utility equipment such as, but not limited to, excavators, compact track loaders, rubber-tired trenchers, track trenchers, horizontal directional drills, cable plows, chippers, stump grinders, mulching equipment, vacuum excavators, cable pulling and blowing equipment, utility trailers, and overhead pulling and tensioning equipment.
You are also responsible for customer service including occasionally interacting with customers, taking customer calls regarding service problems on equipment, providing written service reports for warranty and customer work for proper billing, and ordering parts from the parts department to accomplish repairs in a timely fashion.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects or ensure proper operating efficiency.
- Repairs and overhauls machines as required based upon diagnostic work performed.
- Performs routine maintenance checks.
- Performs pre-delivery check-in and set-up of new units.
- Assists in the demonstration of products to customers as required.
- Performs fabricating.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear.
- Troubleshoots hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems to determine cause of problems and determine most effective way to repair defects.
- Capable of using test equipment such as hydraulic gauges, flow meters, electrical test meters and vacuum gauges to diagnose equipment systems.
- Capable of reading and understanding service manuals including hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Capable of reading and understanding parts books and using computers to look up parts.
- Ensures proper OSHA and other relevant regulations are followed for the safety of all employees.
- Capable of using computers to diagnose systems that are equipped with computer software.
- Capable of communicating with customers as required to assist in solving problems over the phone or in person to facilitate the repair of customer units.
- Ability to communicate written information on work-orders and ordering of parts.
- Job duties require moving heavy objects.
- Some jobs require exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- Field service as required.
- Keep tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized and in good working condition.
- Works safely
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Mechanic hand tools up through minimum 2-1/2” and 22MM wrench sizes, minimum of 1/2” air tools, small drills, grinders, grease gun and other hand tools required to work on the equipment described above. Electrical test equipment including a volt meter, amp meter, ohm meter, and battery load tester. Tool boxes to secure tools and keep organized.
NOTE: An inventory list of all tools and equipment will be required for insurance purposes.
Global Machinery- Boise
ManufacturingView all jobs at Global Machinery- Boise