SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER-Prisma/Versa/Cloud Genix/Silver Peak/Viptella
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GLS is a managed service provider founded in 1998. Our focus is on the development of optimized designs that drive security, performance, and savings through managed network solutions.
We deploy a diversified NOC and SOC with a multi-tier structure of support technicians. Our project management and engineering teams leverage our specialized toolset to deliver smooth network transitions and roll outs. Our operations teams are dedicated to customer satisfaction and work hard to customize our proven processes and tools to perfectly match each customer’s unique requirements.
This is your opportunity to join our Network Engineering Team.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a company that designs, implements, manages, and maintains leading edge networking technology in a wide range of customer environments throughout the world.
- Work in a challenging, fast-paced organization that encourages a growth mind-set while having a unique opportunity to be exposed to a vast array of technology.
- Provide mentoring to develop more junior members of the team.
- Work with the Director of Engineering and VP of Technology.
Our Senior Network Engineers:
- Participate in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Assist in the development and documentation of technical standards
- Implement approved methods of procedure.
- Implement and assists in designing protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Work on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration, and optimization.
- Provide Tier II support across organizations.
- Communicate with customers regarding network designs and incidents
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead
- Work closely with Service Managers, Project Managers and other team members to service customers’ implementation and network management needs.
- Coach less experienced staff.
- Professionally interact with customers during network implementations and troubleshooting.
- Manage ticket escalations from both NOC and SOC – following through to resolution
You should have knowledge of: (not all required)
- Routing and Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, VRFs, etc.)
- Switching (VLANs, Trunking, Spanning Tree, etc.)
You must have:
- Confident and clear communication with peers, clients, and suppliers
- Knowledge of network design, devices, network appliances, network architecture, and protocols
- Ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative effort
- History of using network designing software, such as Visio
- Mastered routing/switching
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple issues simultaneously
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective written and spoken communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience implementing/managing enterprise level networks
- Flexibility in scheduling (there is an on-call rotation)
What we offer you:
The opportunity to work with a VAST array of technology – vendors like:
- Cisco, Fortigate, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper, Meraki, Cradlepoint, Versa, Silver Peak/Aruba EdgeConnect, F5, VeloCloud, etc.
Great Benefits that include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Time-Off
- On-call rotation pay
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement
- Certification Reimbursement
You’ll also have:
- Exciting projects and challenges daily and with autonomy
- Great opportunities for professional and personal growth
- The ability to work from home
- Access to FREE training programs offered to GLS through vendor/partner programs
Powered by JazzHR
Global Linking Solutions, Inc. (GLS)
TechnologyView all jobs at Global Linking Solutions, Inc. (GLS)
Get fresh Network Optimization jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.