0018VA-1406 Data Engineer/Scientist
- Posted: over a month ago
Clearance Level: Secret (TS/SCI Eligible)
US Citizenship: Required
Job Classification: Full Time
Location: Reston, VA with Telecommunicating
Years of Experience: 5+ years
- Education Level: Master of Science Degree (or equivalent in a relevant area (e.g., CS, Math, EE, Statistics)
Position Description: GITI is looking for a Data Engineer/Scientist to support our military R&D program. This program provides innovative and complex data analytics to our customer. As a Data Engineer/Scientist, you support our research by developing, building, and operating our data analytics. In conjunction with our customer’s needs, you will develop a data pipeline to support the deployment of advanced analytics. This will require experience with MATLAB/SIMULINK to generate ASN.1 representations of digital data in RF communications and conversion of these MATLAB representations to C or HDL code for use with FPGAs. You will be responsible for the development of analytic systems that process digital data as part of our R&D program. Most development is performed in multidisciplinary, small teams. As our research matures, you will also develop a customer-focused capabilities to support the use of our analytics in the customer’s environment.
The ideal candidate will architect and implement advanced analytics, interactive reports, visual analytics, and dashboards, focused primarily on the understanding wireless network behavior. Successful candidates for this role must have critical thinking skills, be creative, curious, resourceful, and have a passion for conveying a wide range of information through research leading to deeper insights.
- Developing and operating data analysis tools
- Exploratory data analysis (EDA), ETL, machine learning, statistical analysis and data processing using Python and Pandas, MATLAB/SIMULINK, Matplotlib, NumPy, and Scikit-Learn
- Experience designing, implementing, maintaining, and scaling PostgreSQL databases
- An understanding and ability to implement data hygiene methods (e.g., filtering and imputation)
- Experience using multiple data formats (e.g., JSON, Protobuf, Flatbuf, SQL, CSV, ASN.1)
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with tactical data communications or 4G/5G systems.
- Digital radio, such as spread-spectrum, frequency hopping, and software-defined radio
- Experience with data management for analytics
- Ability to quickly adapt to non-Internet Protocol wireless communications.
- Experience analyzing geospatial data (e.g., path similarity, closest approach)
- Network traffic analysis, especially wireless networks
Global InfoTek, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Global InfoTek, Inc. Reston, VA-based Global InfoTek Inc. is a woman-owned small business with an award-winning track record of designing, developing, and deploying best-of-breed technologies that address the nation’s pressing cyber and advanced technology needs. For more than two decades, GITI has merged pioneering technologies, operational effectiveness, and best business practices to rapidly provide low-cost, agile solutions to DoD, DHS, and IC customers. In addition to its Reston office, GITI has operations in San Antonio, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, and Rome, NY.
Global InfoTek Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?