0017HQ-38 Data Engineer/Scientist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Clearance Level: Secret (TS/SCI Eligible)
US Citizenship: Required
Job Classification: Full Time
Location: Reston, VA with Limited Telecommunicating
Years of Experience: 5-7 years
Education Level: Bachelor of Science Degree
Position Description: GITI is looking for a Data Engineer/Scientist to support our military R&D program. This program provides innovative and complex data analytics to our customers. As a Data Engineer, you support our research by developing, building, and operating our data operation. In conjunction with our customer’s needs, you will develop a data pipeline to support the deployment of the analytics we develop. You will be responsible for the development and operations of systems that provide data to our R&D program, ensuring sensitive data is properly processed and securely transferred to its appropriate location in a timely manner. You will also support maintenance of applications and tools that reside on these systems such as upgrades, patches, configuration changes, etc. The development of analytics that uses this data is performed in a multidisciplinary, small team. As our research matures, you will also develop a customer-focused data pipeline to support the deployment of our analytics in the customer’s environment.
The ideal candidate will architect and implement data storage, interactive reports, visual analytics, and dashboards, focused primarily on understanding wireless network behavior. Successful candidates for this role must have critical thinking skills, be creative, curious, resourceful, and have a passion for conveying a wide range of information through research leading to deeper insights.
- Developing and operating data processing systems
- Exploratory data analysis (EDA), ETL, statistical analysis and data processing using Python and Pandas, Matplotlib, NumPy, and Scikit-Learn
- Experience designing, implementing, maintaining and scaling PostgreSQL databases
- Virtualization systems (e.g., Docker)
- Experience working on classified automated information systems
- An understanding and ability to implement data hygiene methods (e.g., filtering and imputation)
- Experience using multiple data formats (e.g., JSON, Protobuf, FlatBuffer, SQL, CSV)
- BS in a relevant area (e.g., CS, Math, EE, Statistics)
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with data
- Experience with tactical data communications.
- Digital radio, such as spread-spectrum, frequency hopping, and software-defined radio
- Ability to quickly adapt to non-Internet Protocol wireless communications.
- Graduate degree in a relevant area (e.g., CS, Math, EE, Statistics)
- 5+ years of professional experience, but an advanced degree may be substituted for experience
- Experience analyzing geospatial data (e.g., path similarity, closest approach)
- Network traffic analysis, especially wireless networks
Global InfoTek, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
About Global InfoTek, Inc. Reston, VA-based Global InfoTek Inc. is a woman-owned small business with an award-winning track record of designing, developing, and deploying best-of-breed technologies that address the nation’s pressing cyber and advanced technology needs. For more than two decades, GITI has merged pioneering technologies, operational effectiveness, and best business practices to rapidly provide low-cost, agile solutions to DoD, DHS, and IC customers. In addition to its Reston office, GITI has operations in San Antonio, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, and Rome, NY.
Global InfoTek Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Global InfoTek Inc