Network Administrator - Laboratory Information Management Systems
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fast growing Laboratory in the Pittsburgh area is searching for a Network Administrator to join the team!
The Network Administrator will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the computer networks and systems, overseeing digital security, installing hardware and software when necessary, and performing maintenance to ensure that the systems are operating at full capacity.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure the stable operation of the computer networks.
· Monitor the company’s network performance, troubleshoot issues, recommend upgrades, and identify network requirements on both local and wide area networks to improve network performance.
· Maintain the performance of the network by troubleshooting problem with the system, analyze the network, performing necessary maintenance, and upgrade system and programs as needed.
· Perform network design and capacity planning.
· Maintaining computer networks and systems including software, mainframes, VPNs, routers, and other physical hardware.
· Establish specifications for the network and design the router administration, including routing protocols and interface configuration.
· Define network policies and procedures.
· Installs and maintains network file servers and network operating systems ensuring backup copies of all files are routinely made and securely stored. Maintains system documentation.
· Installs, configures, and maintains network cabling and other networking equipment such as hubs, switches, and UPS.
· Troubleshoot server and server application issues.
· Manage and upgrade security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
· Oversee digital security ensuring all information related to the company and client records remain confidential, which includes ensuring our network’s security is always protected.
· Plan, develop, install, integrate, configure, maintain, support, and optimize all network hardware, software, applications, and communication links.
· Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, security, and peripheral devices.
· Analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Provide end user training where required.
· Order software, hardware, and other supplies as required for the organization.
· Address and resolve additional network-related responsibilities as they arise.
· Assist with maintenance of Polycom phone system.
· Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, systems engineering, network administration, or related field of study.
· Three to five years demonstrated network administrator experience required.
· Two years’ experience LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) and Microsoft Office 365.
· Certification in Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Network+, or Microsoft certifications in Windows Server and Windows Client preferred.
· Comprehensive knowledge of computer network infrastructure, network management, networking services, and common networking protocols.
· Applicable experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Global Healthcare Services