We are seeking experienced Pharmacy Technician for an available long-term contract opportunity to provide on-site services for the inmates housed at the Federal Correctional Complex (FCC) Terre Haute in Indiana.
Available Position: Pharmacy Technician.
Work to be performed at: Federal Correctional Complex, Terre Haute, Indiana, 47802
Facility Information: The Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Terre Haute, Indiana, is a medium security facility housing male inmates with an adjacent satellite prison camp that houses minimum security male offenders. It is part of the Terre Haute Federal Correctional Complex. FCI Terre Haute is located on Highway 63, 2 miles south of the City of Terre Haute, which is 70 miles west of Indianapolis on Interstate 70.
Work Schedule: Services will be scheduled Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays, between 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by the Health Services Administrator. The contractor will be scheduled for approximately seven (7) hours per day, for an estimated total of 36 hours per week.
Description of Services (includes but it is not limited to):
- Reading and interpreting prescriptions and medication orders written by medical staff, selection and retrieval of medications of correct strength and dosage from prescribed, transcribing prescription data to labels using typewriters or computer systems, preparing prescriptions for review by a BOP/Public Health Service (PHS) Pharmacist prior to dispensing, and giving pertinent patient instructions when appropriate.
- The Pharmacy Technicians will not fill, issue and/or deal in any way with DEA controlled substances.
- The Pharmacy Technicians will not administer medication to inmates (conduct pill line) but may distribute medications to inmates after receiving training.
- Pharmacy Technicians will assist the Pharmacist in ensuring the only medications listed in the approved BOP Formulary are dispensed ad will ensure that request for Non-Formulary medications are initiated and submitted to the Pharmacist for approval.
- Pharmacy Technicians should be proficient in maintaining adequate inventories of all medications and medical supplies and preparing the proper paperwork for replenishment of inventory, as well as maintaining an expiration date log to ensure that no outdated or expired stock remains in the inventory.
- Pharmacy Technicians will assist in updating patient education literature, assisting in improvement of performance studies and also assist the Pharmacist in meeting policy guidelines for the inmates.
- Pharmacy Technicians will maintain cleanliness in the pharmacy, which may include such activities as cleaning the pharmacy area, returning medication to stock, properly disposing of medications, shredding paperwork, and other designated tasks.
- The Pharmacy Technicians will restock (or prepare medications for restocking) the electronic medication cabinet devices (Pyxis or OmniCell).
- Will prepare recommended supply lists to orders pharmaceuticals, maintain the pharmacy areas in a clean and orderly fashion, maintain stock of appropriate forms utilized in the pharmacy department, and shall, in the absence of the Pharmacist, maintain the Pharmacy operation, within guidelines governing the duties of Pharmacy Technicians.
- Both Pharmacy Technicians should be able to accurately input and process minimum of 25 prescriptions per hour.
License: Must possess a current Pharmacy Technician Certification and be registered with the State Board of Pharmacy.
Minimum Qualifications: The service employee performing Pharmacy Technician services shall:
Have successfully completed of a pharmacy technician training program; or,
Be actively participating in a pharmacy technician training program with at least six months of course credit established, and an internship satisfactorily completed; or,
Have practical experience of at least one year in a pharmacy technician position; or,
Have practical experience of at least one year in a pharmacy related role within the health care field.
JOB APPLICATION LINK