We are seeking an experienced Dental Assistant for an available contract opportunity to provide services for the inmates incarcerated at FCC Hazelton in West Virginia.
Available Position: Dental Assistant
Place of Performance: Services will be performed in the Health Service Department at the FCC Hazelton to include the United States Penitentiary (USP), the Federal Correctional Institute (FCI), the Secure Female Facility (SFF), and the Satellite Prison Camp (SPC), Sky View Drive, Bruceton Mills, WV.
Work Schedule: The Dental Assistant will normally work Monday through Friday, during day shift hours of 7:30 am to 4:00pm (except Federal holidays), with a (30) minute unpaid lunch period (if applicable). Specific hours will be determined by the Contract Monitor or Health Services Administrator.
Description of Services (includes but it is not limited to):
- Assist Dental Officer in dental specialty sections: restorative oral surgery, periodontics, prosthetics, and examinations and documentation.
- Retrieve patient’s records and escorts patients to proper dental specialty sections; seats and prepares patient for attending.
- Assist the Dental officer by preparing dental instruments, essentials material, drugs and medication; passes instruments, retracts tissues, irrigates oral cavity, and operates aspirator; observes patients responses, and assist patient for dismissal from dental clinic; gives instructions for sub sequential dental appointment; makes necessary entries on dental treatment records; prepares dental treatment room for next patient; assist in the treatment of emergency cases.
- Takes radiographs of patients using standard dental radiographic, panelipse, cephalometric, and transcranial equipment; obtains diagnostic quality periapical, occlusal, lateral, jaw, TMJ, and panographic radiographs; correctly positions patient and film and determines level of radiation intensity to minimize radiation exposure of patients;
- Upload images into BEMR.
- Performs and interprets four (4) quality assurances on a schedule basis on radiographic techniques; and is responsible for maintaining proper infection control procedures in radiographic techniques; and sterilizes contaminated biological waste of dental clinic several times a day;
- Specific directions related primarily to unusual treatment concerning emergency professional therapy are given by the attending dentist who explains changes in professional dental procedures that are available to resolve such problems, and render advice as needed. Guidelines consist of applicable professional practices and specific written and oral instructions;
- Expanded duties will include placing and finishing dental restorations, including bases and liners. Making primary impressions and pouring of the casts. Tooth shade selection for composite restorations and dentures.
- Maintains dental equipment; cleans, sharpens, and sterilizes instruments; performs daily inspections and inventory of equipment and makes minor repairs; reports defective equipment, or utilizes corrective action.
- Repairs dental prosthesis and appliances under supervision; performs daily inspections of equipment, and repair of complete denture prosthesis and removable partial prosthesis, using acrylic resins and porcelain as basic materials.
QUALIFICATIONS: Educational Background: Dental Assistants shall have completed a dental assistant training program or have commensurate experience; Possess knowledge of dental x-ray equipment and radiation precautions.
JOB APPLICATION LINK: https://ghg.catsone.com/careers
Recruiter & Staffing Manager
2151 Linglestown Road, Suite 180 ● Harrisburg, PA 17110
GHG is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.