- Posted: over a month ago
Come for the job and stay for the career!
Global Furniture Group is a leader in the workplace, education, healthcare + hospitality furniture industry.
You’ll see our furniture designs in large corporations, airport lounges, major hotels, luxury apartment buildings, popular restaurants, medical centers and college campuses.
Do you like to lead from the front?!
Are you known for your skills in warehouse operations?
If so, please read more about your next career opportunity!
We have an immediate, full-time opportunity for a Warehouse Manager in our Cincinnati/West Chester, OH distribution center. This position is a great opportunity for a hands-on, quick learner to make an immediate impact on the team through their leadership skills.
- Directs the efforts of the warehouse personnel to receive and ship all orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review reports such as stock level, daily return, held for inspection, etc.
- Inspect warehouse to ensure that it is properly maintained and adhere to proper warehouse safety and fire protocols.
- Responsible for leading, training, evaluation, and counseling of 3 warehouse employees.
- Appropriately solve warehouse issues and enforce new processes when necessary.
- Work with customer care and other DC’s as needed (freight quotes, shipping/receiving issues, etc.).
- Work with common carriers and participate in carrier tariff review.
- Review freight invoices, research and resolve discrepancies, process for remittance and approval.
- Inventory control through weekly cycle counts and restock ordering.
- Coordinate scheduling and receipt of product containers.
- Assist General Manager with analysis of min/max stocking levels.
- Collaborates with the General Manager on daily basis.
- Maintains shipping supplies, strapping, pallets and related items.
- Able to lift 50 + pounds & occasionally 100 pounds.
- Able to directly supervise warehouse staff of 3 employees .
- Possesses excellent time management skills .
- Works well with minimal supervision .
- Strong attention to detail to maintain warehouse facility equipment and supplies.
- Positive demeanor that allows for strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Previous experience supervising work flow and needs of facility.
- 1-3 years of leadership experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Forklift certification preferred.
WHO WE ARE
The Global Furniture Group is a leading North American Manufacturer of furniture solutions. Global offers a broad range of furniture products designed for the workplace, education, healthcare + hospitality markets, delivering exceptional value and quality to its network of dealers, designers and customers.
Operating for 50+ years and employing more than 4,000 people worldwide, Global has locations throughout Canada, the US, Mexico, China and the UK.
Global offers a comprehensive employee benefit program that enables our employees to stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance. The following are benefits we offer employees (or may be eligible for):
Paid Time Off | Holiday Pay | Medical/Prescription Insurance | Dental Insurance | Vision Insurance | Health Savings Accounts (HSA) | Company-Paid Life and AD+D Insurance | Company Sponsored Long-term Disability | Short-term Disability | Voluntary Life Insurance | Employee Assistance Program (EAP) | Critical Illness and Accidental Injury Insurance | FSA | 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
WHERE WE ARE
Global has distribution centers and showrooms located all across the USA + Canada.
Global USA Showrooms:
Atlanta | Boston | Chicago | Miami | NYC | Philadelphia| Phoenix | Washington DC
Global USA Showrooms + Distribution Centers:
Atlanta | Baltimore | Boston | Chicago | Cincinnati | Dallas | Denver | Houston | Kansas City | Los Angeles | Miami | Philadelphia | Seattle | Tampa
You can visit us at www.globalfurnituregroup.com.
Global is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. To request assistance in completing this application, please call 800.220.1900 and ask for Human Resources.
This application will be considered for a period of 90 days. If you are not hired with that time period your application will be deemed expired and you will need to re-apply to be considered for future open positions with the company.
Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Global Furniture Group
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Global Furniture Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?