Unified Communications Operational Engineer
The Unified Communications Operational Engineer provides technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communications networks. Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided to direct building architects and planners in building communications spaces and media pathways meet industry standards.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2-4+ years of professional experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with one or multiple Cisco, Avaya or Oracle voice platforms including Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Oracle Session Border Controller (SBC) and Avaya Aura Application Server.
- Expertise in SIP internetworking
- Demonstrable experience of advanced troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems for routing, switching, security and large scale voice implementations.
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim Secret clearance prior to start date
- Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date
- Developing/designing communication systems and documents.
- Support maintaining a large, complex and highly resilient IP voice and video communications infrastructure.
- Manage, configure, and assure service supporting all aspects of a voice, video and data network.
- Must be organized, document oriented, possess skills in diagramming, and understand WAN principals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and or Avaya Aura soft switches.
- Experience with Oracle SBCs and other voice media gateway appliances.
- Experience supporting distributed firewall infrastructure.
- Experience creating/supporting IPSec MPLS VPN infrastructure
- *Experience implementing and supporting BGP routing protocols
- *Experience designing, configuring and troubleshooting QoS classification, marking and prioritization of network traffic (voice, critical applications, etc.).
- Experience with big data applications.
- Working knowledge of Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) including associated G.711 and G.729 codecs and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF).
- Familiarity with IPSec implementation and troubleshooting.
- Must be US Citizen
- This position will involve less than 10% travel
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Global Enterprise Services, LLC‘Aiea, HI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.